Subaru WRX Forum banner

Lamp Replacement Guide (Osram Sylvania)

29K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  turmic 
#1 ·
Hey guys I stumbled upon this and thought it might be of some usefulness to a few of us.. This was taken directly from www.sylvania.com

High & Low Beam Headlamp

Parking Light

Front Turn Signal

Rear Turn Signal

Tail Light

Stop Light
7440 / 7443

High Mount Stop Light

Fog / Driving Light
h3-55w

License Plate

Back Up Light

Front Side-marker

Rear Side-marker

Ash Tray

Map Light

Dome Light
DE3175

Trunk / Cargo Area

See less See more
#7 ·
just a stupid question on this...the 06 wrx has projector headlights...yet runs a regular halogen bulb which is an H7...the 06 sti which im almost positive has the same headlights just xenon...if i want to upgrade to the xenon/hid do i just get the 9005 bulb for that said kit or go ahead and get the D2S bulb?

Stupid question, I know...just dont want to be a fool and buy the wrong thing. Thanks.

#8 ·
No...re-read your own thought process. The 06 has a H7 bulb for low beams. So, why would you buy a 9005 kit? You'd buy a H7 hid kit. The stock projectors on a wrx are halogen projectors, not HID like the STI. So, you can't just slap D2S' in there and expect them to work. Let alone, the stock setup for the STI has a built in ballast and the correct voltage/amps to run the HIDs. The wrx won't have the correct setup to run HIDs with out the kit. BTW, the 9005 is for the highbeams on either car. You'd want a H7 hid kit, seeing as that is what you use the most. Expect it to be brighter, but to have significant glare compared to a HID projector set-up. SharpHID (a vender on this site) and other places have the kits. Just be aware that you may or may not need the battery harness for your conversion kit. My 06 didn't need it, but other people had to use it so that their HIDs work correctly.

#10 ·
Ok, now for a silly question... How do I get to the front turn signal to replace the bulb? The owner's manual says (direct quote): "It may be difficult to replace the bulbs. Have the bulbs replaced by your SUBARU dealer if necessary." On all of my previous vehicles I have always replaced the lights when they burned out, but there is so much stuff around the lights, that you just can't get to them w/o knowing the combination on this car (a 2012 WRX). Taking a car to the dealer a half hour away to replace a light bulb seems like overkill to me when the car parts store down the street has the bulb in stock...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.