Subaru WRX Forum banner

Just developed a couple new subwoofer enclosures, lmk what you think!

10K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  ridedh2 
#1 · (Edited)
Here is a bunch i have made:

^kicker 12" but same idea

^dual 10s fiberglassed (currently for sale in the private fs threads)

See less See more
#2 ·
I like the Subaru star logo and the STi logo. It looks like you really spent some time making those and they turned out pretty nice. Personally, I think my subwoofer days are over. I'm pretty sure I lost some hearing from having 3 JL 12s in my old Explorer and 2 JL 12s in my old Eclipse. Plus, I like having my trunk space. I had a similar sized box in my old Eclipse, and it always slid around when I accelerated, braked, or went around turns. To resolve that, I put several strips of velcro on the bottom of the box to hold it securely to the carpet in the trunk - but then it was always sort of a pain to take the thing out since it was heavy AND it stuck to the carpet. It almost became a 2-man job. Also, once I got a flat tire and I had to put the subwoofer enclosure in the back seat because the full sized flat took up the entire trunk and there's no way it would fit with the box there too. Anyway, just something to think about.

#3 ·
well thats actually why i designed these new enclosures.

-They bolt in, so they will never slide around or move at all
-They take up the minimum space requirements to obtain the proper volume necessary for the subwoofer
-You can get at your space tire just fine, without ever moving the enclosure
-With the stealth you don't have to worry about something hitting your subwoofer
-And both allow the use of a rear strut bar

#6 ·
Another issue is I'd no longer be able to use the back sear pass-through to store my hockey sticks when I play on weekends. :)

Where does the amp(s) mount? ...between the enclosure and the rear seat?

Also, can you fit a full-sized flat tire in the trunk with the enclosure in place or would you have to unbolt it and put it in the back seat? That's sort of an important detail that some people might not think about. It would be a shame to have to leave an expensive wheel sitting on the side of the road if it wouldn't fit in the trunk and you had no means to unbolt the enclosure to temporarily relocate it to the back seat OR if you had to put a dirty full-sized flat in the back seat and mess up your cloth/leather - especially if it's Desert Beige!!! Although, if you had a pretty good sized towel or blanket to put between the tire and the seat, that wouldn't be a problem.

Sorry man, I'm really not trying to knock your product... just trying to point out some details that I think might be important to consider. They really do look pretty good!

#12 ·
Also, can you fit a full-sized flat tire in the trunk with the enclosure in place or would you have to unbolt it and put it in the back seat? That's sort of an important detail that some people might not think about.
I found out the hard way how limited the trunk really is when it comes to tires when I went to 255 wide. All 4 now go in the back seat regardless.

#8 ·
i'm working on the wagons...

to answer your question man show:
yes you can fit a full size tire
you can mount the amp wherever you like, smaller amps will fit between the rear seat and the enclosure while bigger amps you'll probably want to mount under the passenger seat or inside the spare tire, also there is a company out there selling amp mounting kits to put them under the rear deck...can't think of their name off the top of my head though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.