Subaru WRX Forum banner

Insurance Money...what to do?

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Ian 
#1 ·
A truck threw rocks on my hood and put some scratches/dents in it. The insurance company gave me 1064 to fix the hood, paint the hood, front bumper, fenders and mirrors. I'm not sure if I want to get all of that done. All that needs to be fixed is the hood and I'm worried if i paint that much of my car the paint will be noticeably different. I basically have three options:
1. Do the work the insurance company suggested.
2. Paint the entire car
3. CF Hood and get this huge dent taken out of the side of my car (its been there since i bought it)

Let me know what you all would do. Just remember I'm on a limited budget here.

#2 ·
since your car is black, CF would look pretty good. I would go with option 3. I'm with you on having it painted, and being worried if it will match. I'm about to get a new bumper, and have my sideskirts painted, and I'm having a hard time finding a shop that's highly reccomended.

#4 ·
I had the hood replaced and painted on a black car that was a few years old and it matched perfectly.... but I see your concern, a good shop that you trust will match it well for you. I'd get the dent fixed, as for the hood, I've never been a huge fan of CF hoods, but on a black car I think it'd look pretty good. Painting the enitre car, by a good shop, will cost alot more than $1064, you could have the whole thing sprayed for cheap by a crappy body shop, but you don't want to skimp on a paint job, you'll regret it later.

I say go with the CF hood, fix the dent, and have a little cash left over maybe even.

#8 ·
Black is the easiest color to match, the only way it would look off is if you didn't take care of your car and the area you painted would look new and the rest is all scratched up. If that is the case then a good detail job would fix that.
I would go with option 3

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.