Subaru WRX Forum banner

Imitation HID

2K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  smores 
#1 ·
Does anyone know a replacement bulb that is closest to the HID look, or is the bluest or sumtin. Thanks.

#3 ·
if you get a bulb that imitates HID's but is not an actual HID it actually hinders your visibility at night. not saying all alternate lightbulbs suck but the HID wannabe's do make it harder to see FYI. unless you just wanna look cool, then dont do it.

#9 ·
A blue tinted headlight will not be as bright as a regular headlight so do not get them. Aside from that, they will get you pulled over lickity split.

PIAA or Silverstars are the way to go for headlight bulbs... they won't perfectly imitate HIDs but if you really want HIDs then just save your money and get them.

#13 ·
terminaltsi said:
polarg or raybrig are the best imitations.
!Thumbs Up

I've got Raybrig 3700k in my Civic, and they're nice... pretty much pure white with a hint of blue.

For comparison, here are the city lights (stock clear bulbs):

Here's both together:

Yes, those are actually JDM Stanley Civic lights, with the H4H bulbs. They still look yellowish in the pics (obviously I had to adjust the camera settings a LOT to reduce the glare, and I'm not the best photographer...). Basically, if you want the HID look, the best thing to do is get one of the kits on eBay... I've got silverstars in the WRX (got them for free). Not much better over stock, but not as yellow. Not white, but less yellow than the stocks (Stanley?). Well... Technically Raybrigs are made by Stanley... but you know what I mean.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.