Subaru WRX Forum banner

Illumination Kit Question

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  WrxCruising 
#1 ·
Greetings,

I just purchased a 2012 WRX and the color of the illumination kit wasn't the one I wanted. I ask the dealership if they can change it if I purchased the color that I want. They said it can't be done because of some odd reason. It will be a risk to change as they said. What is funny is that I'm the first to ever ask to change or swap the color of the kit. I take it that they never done it before or care to try.

So the question is: are they just pulling my leg about the illumination kit can't be change and it is a risk?

*Forgive me for being naive. I am new to the vehicle world and modification likewise.

#5 ·
That is how it was. I told my family specifically what I wanted, illumination kit for the footwell. When they told me the news, I had to recap the item I wanted. They confirmed it multiply times making sure it was the kit for the footwell and not for the gauge lamp color.

#7 ·
Or do what I am going to do is get a good quality led set off amazon for literally $20, and they change colors and have different illumination settings. Yes it probably won't be as clean as far as hiding the wires go but still its what I want and I won't let the dealer make anymore money off of me. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.