Illumination Kit Question - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 08-20-2012, 04:13 AM
WRXtuners Member

Munky Chan is an unknown
Illumination Kit Question

Greetings,

I just purchased a 2012 WRX and the color of the illumination kit wasn't the one I wanted. I ask the dealership if they can change it if I purchased the color that I want. They said it can't be done because of some odd reason. It will be a risk to change as they said. What is funny is that I'm the first to ever ask to change or swap the color of the kit. I take it that they never done it before or care to try.

So the question is: are they just pulling my leg about the illumination kit can't be change and it is a risk?

*Forgive me for being naive. I am new to the vehicle world and modification likewise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-20-2012, 12:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

jimbo058 is an unknown
As far as I know, changing the color amounts to different colored light bulbs on the ceiling and under the dash. Simply a matter of pulling out the old bulbs, buying compatible bulb #s the color you want, and plugging them back in.
#3 Old 08-20-2012, 06:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

Munky Chan is an unknown
Yea I thought much. To be honest, I'm in AF right now and it is hard to get in contact with the dealership from time to time so I have one of my family members take care of the maintenance of the vehicle in my absent.
#4 Old 08-20-2012, 09:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Is that how they took you. Or we're they in thought of you wanting different gauge lamp colour?

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#5 Old 08-21-2012, 03:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

Munky Chan is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZE2099 View Post
Is that how they took you. Or we're they in thought of you wanting different gauge lamp colour?
That is how it was. I told my family specifically what I wanted, illumination kit for the footwell. When they told me the news, I had to recap the item I wanted. They confirmed it multiply times making sure it was the kit for the footwell and not for the gauge lamp color.
#6 Old 08-21-2012, 06:15 AM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
10-4, easy fix at least. A couple bucks and a few minutes and done

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#7 Old 08-21-2012, 06:51 AM
WRXtuners Member

WrxCruising is an unknown
Or do what I am going to do is get a good quality led set off amazon for literally $20, and they change colors and have different illumination settings. Yes it probably won't be as clean as far as hiding the wires go but still its what I want and I won't let the dealer make anymore money off of me. lol