HU head unit after market system question - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 12-18-2012, 09:45 AM
WRXtuners Member

dirtydeeds02 is an unknown
I think your receiver has the nav built into the unit ( my damn Kenwood needs an adapter for eveything). So you shouldn't need anything besides the dash kit and wiring harness.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 01-05-2013, 03:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

ghost911 is an unknown
i got the navigation installed and everything, but there is an issue. i cant get the address icon to light up and few other options. the gps is plugged in. my ipod and dvd cd etc all works. and it knows my location and the map works. i just cant type in the address and cant get into my nav settings. any idea whats going on?

also cant get my back up camera to work either.
#18 Old 01-09-2013, 09:55 AM
WRXtuners Member

I can't help you on the nav issue, it may be a problem with the receiver. The back-up camera could possibly need to be installer with a camera made by the manufacturer of the receiver, it is possible that it isn't compatible with the stock set-up.
#19 Old 01-09-2013, 09:56 AM
WRXtuners Member

Also check if u need to do any updates on your receiver. I know I did in order to get certain features to work.
#20 Old 01-09-2013, 02:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
We could use a good stereo guy here. You should probably stick around. Haha
We have one or two other guys that are pretty good. Just not as frequent as you deeds

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#21 Old 01-09-2013, 07:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

Thanks Blaze. Ill b sticking around for sure, brand new wrx and loving every minute of it. I'm also addicted to this forum. I'm no stereo pro, more of an old hobby. Its just nice to give back a little there are so many helpful and knowledgeable people here.
#22 Old 01-10-2013, 01:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Ten four!

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#23 Old 01-11-2013, 05:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

ghost911 is an unknown
The. Navigation system is fine its z13 installed and the back up cam has been used on this navigation already. I put the colors to color and there was I believe two or 3 wires that didn't need wiring with the navigation harness because there mentioned for the steering wheel options if I read correctly. Like I said the system works sound/iPod/avsound options/

Just no navigation options are available. But the map mode works lol error wtf...lol
#24 Old 01-14-2013, 07:30 AM
WRXtuners Member

That's very strange that some features of the GPS would work and others dont. If the maps work it would seem that the antenna is working, don't know why you wouldn't b able to type in an address. For the backup camera I would think something isn't wired correctly. Sorry I don't have any answers for you, try a YouTube search.
#25 Old 01-15-2013, 12:49 AM
WRXtuners Member

ghost911 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydeeds02 View Post
That's very strange that some features of the GPS would work and others dont. If the maps work it would seem that the antenna is working, don't know why you wouldn't b able to type in an address. For the backup camera I would think something isn't wired correctly. Sorry I don't have any answers for you, try a YouTube search.
im more worried about the address and other options more then the back up cam. that ya is a not connected right. but the options not being able to select is not cool.. you tube isnt any good for this situation ive looked.
#26 Old 01-15-2013, 09:08 AM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
Did you wire this yourself? Where did you tie the parking brake wire? If you wired it correctly (and not to ground but to the parking brake), you can only type in characters when the parking brake is on. Where did you tie the wires for the backup camera?

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
#27 Old 01-16-2013, 09:26 AM
WRXtuners Member

ghost911 is an unknown
Well I got the other options to work, I didn't have the mute wire connected

And for the camera, I have the (1)AV cord plugged into the (1) rear cam AV out put, and I have 1 wire split into two wires (left)(right), and orange color wire. Which I'm trying to figure where the 1 split wire goes "(left)(right)"and the orange one goes. One has to go ground "black wire" one account power "red wire". But the orange goes where lol.

This is probably very confusing ^^^^. I'll probably have to take a picture.
#28 Old 01-17-2013, 08:54 AM
WRXtuners Member

Re: HU head unit after market system question

Definitely post a pic. Glad u got the GPS working... its always a minor detail.
#29 Old 05-13-2013, 03:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

jdick0101 is an unknown
dirtydeeds you said it would be more complicated to keep your steering wheel/ bluetooth controls with a new HU.

Do you have any recommendations on what HU and is it an easy DIY to accomplish this?

I appreciate any help. Thanks!
#30 Old 05-13-2013, 06:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

Personally I like Kenwood, Pioneer
and Alpine. I'm no pro so if I can do it anyone with a little know how and patience can as well. I bought the steering wheel control module by aswc. They make the install seem a little easier than it is. My Bluetooth controls still don't work, but it may be because um using an older HU. If you get the module let me know, I can give you a couple tips to save you some aggravation on the install.