Subaru WRX Forum banner

How to remove roof rack?

34K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  VMO/MMO 
#1 ·
Anyone know how to remove the factory rails to the roof rack system for the wagon? Im never gonna use the thing so I would like to take them off if its possible. Thanks.

#2 ·
ohhhh...grasshoppah. you have lot to do.

i did it to mine...and it is beautiful!

PITA to remove the rails...if you dont know how. pull the headliner out, lots of various clips and such. then, there are four nuts that hold the racks to the roof. remove the rails, fill the holes, i used body sealant from a body shop.

now, the expensive part. go to your dealer, and order these trim pieces:
91046FE010 for the left side, and 91046FE000 for the right side

or, click here for the long version...http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/sho...ighlight=Wagon Roof rail removal&pagenumber=1

#5 ·
Oh yeah I totally agree, your rides lookin perty sharp no doubt. Its just I wouldnt want to end up with a bubbled ceiling or anything like that. Ive never been to good with the interior type stuff. Plus Its 110 bucks for the trim pieces. Albeit not to expensive but you also need all the right tools, like that page says you need some sort of door panel wrench?????Strange stuff yup.

#9 ·
I know this is a super old thread but just curious what I would find if I took them off. I viewed the strips that you can purchase to cover up the holes it will leave. I just wondered how big of hole there would be and any cheaper alternative to cover them up? Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.