How do I take out my 2007 WRX's headlight? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 09-30-2011, 03:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

helloimD4NNY is an unknown
How do I take out my 2007 WRX's headlight?

So yesterday my DRL/low beam headlight went out on my right side(luckily I didn't get pulled over) so I headed to the local autozone for a H7 bulb. My question is how do I access the dead bulb to replace it? Also is it necessary to take off the front bumper? Hopefully there's a way to change the bulb without taking the bumper off. ): Lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-30-2011, 05:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
There's an access panel on the back of the housing inside of the engine bay... Look for something that screws into the back of the headlight that's a few inches in diameter.

-Chris
#3 Old 09-30-2011, 09:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
If its (right side) the passenger side...then you might find it easier to disassemble the intake to get more hand room. The whole headlight assembly doesn't have to come off to change the bulb.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#4 Old 10-01-2011, 10:16 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
^ Agreed. Remove the intake scoop via 2 10mm bolts and you should be able to access the back of the light assembly well enough to swap the bulbs through the circular plastic screw-on cap/cover. The bulb, itself, should be held in place by a little metal clip. Be gentile with it, but it'll come apart. Use a small mirror to look at it before you mess with it if you have to.

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)