Subaru WRX Forum banner

how do i get my badges off?

3K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  crazyfast 
#1 ·
i came to the conclusion that i only want the wrx badge on the back of my car. I dont want the Subaru emblem or name plate...is there a simple way?.. I've heard of a heat gun or something with dental floss:confused:... Please any help would be great !Thumbs Up

#2 ·
Heat the badge up and take your time.... Don't let the heatgun sit ON the badge..... use the floss to cut into the dbl sided tape, when all the badges are off, use goo-gone and let it soak on the tape and then use yur fingers to peel off the GOO. Search a little more. It's on here somewhere.

#3 ·
i did a search on the forums with words matching what i was lookin for and no luck...i know it has to be on here somewhere...i just cant find it. My eyes are starting to hurt. Thanks for your help though. I'm gonna try that method this weekend.

#14 ·
I'm pretty sure on our body style the actual oval emblem will leave holes behind. A heat gun is 100% the way to go, just don't let it get too hot. You can rent a heat gun from a tool rental place for a couple bucks (maybe Autozone has them for free?) I did my '02 that way, then you don't have the problem with chemicals possibly ruining the finish. Wax it when you're done, and viola! I am actually thinking of just taking off the part that says WRX, now since it's WRB it's hard to not know it's a W, but I like understating the car. Of course, 08's may as well be regular Imprezas compared to your car.

#16 ·
I just read through some of this again and realized that I did debadge my car with only about 50 miles on it. So I suppose the badges didnt have alot of time to stick on there good maybe. But I would stick with goo gone honestly, heat gun/hair dryer, and floss or fishing line. ANd get it done so you can post some pics of it up, lol.

#17 ·
yea i'm going to try to get it done on sunday...my buddy has a heat gun hes going to bring over.. Is the suby emblem screwed on or can i take it off like the rest of them? I really dont feel like getting holes filled :)

#18 ·
The one in the rear? I know in mine it will leave holes. Im not up for filling them and a repaint yet, so mine are of course still on. If I remember yours should be either screwed in or have tabs that hold it in and would leave holes.

#21 ·
i did mine after the first week of having my subie and i had no problems what so ever. all of the badges on the trunk came off really clean.

on a side note, has any one with an '08+ sport grille re-colored their front badge yet? i am planning on doing it soon, just dont want to screw up the badge or the grille in the process.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.