Subaru WRX Forum banner

hood scoop

7K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  BLAZE2099 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Clear will peel, no good support so it will flex at high speeds (65+) and it only looks kinds like a JDM which is way nicer for around the same price.
90% of cf that you find mass produced is just cf wrapped around fiberglass. This is one of those items. It's probably heavier than your plastic scoop you have now.
Not trying to be a dick. But if you like the look, go for it, it's your ride. Do whatever makes you like it more. GL!!!

#3 ·
yer not being a dick that is exactly why i posted, the reason i am looking for new one is that the paint on mine is pealing and i already touched it up. was looking for a cf one to cut down on the paint expense. oh well ill keep lookin. thanks fer the advise. will an all cf scoop have that same flex at high speeds?

#4 ·
If braced correctly, but I've never come across one. And you'll pay out the anus for one as well. But Italy probably still flex a bit. My scoop is thick fiberglass and I've seen movement in it at higher speeds. Nothing crazy tho. I'm sure regardless, even that one your looking at wont be too bad.
It's a good quick fix but over time(a few years) the clear layer will peel and it will start to yellow on ya.

I'd look for a nice jdm if I were you, look em up on google if your not familiar with them, dead sexy they are;)

#5 ·
STI Hood Scoops
STI JDM Hoodscoop Subaru WRX 2002-2003 at RallySportDirect.com
PREracing.com

They come unpainted. Don't forget the splitter if you have an STi top mount intercooler or one of equal size. If you have a stock intercooler the splitter isn't necessary.

Make sure you get the one for the 02-03 bugeye not the 04-05 snow shovel unless that is what you want. In that case they make them elsewhere that will fit an 02-03.

I have never seen carbon fiber look good for very long unless you pay top dollar.

Reactions: psinuse
#8 ·
I too am looking for a 02-03 JDM STi hood scoop. All I can find for $150 is a 04-05 scoop. 04-05 scoops are easier and cheaper to come by because they made more of them to fill the American market that opened up for the STi in 04.

I can't seem to find the good deals .I'm looking for a good deal on a 02-03 JDM STi hood scoop, splitter and a top-mount intercooler that is as good as an STi or better that fits a 2.0L without issues.

My budget is...
$150=scoop + "?" to paint
$150=splitter +"?" for rubber+clips
$400=intercooler+whatever pipes and such to make it fit.

Can you point us in the right direction?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.