Hood Dampers! - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 12-14-2009, 11:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

boostspike is more helpful than not
Hood Dampers!

so i picked up a set of Prosport carbon fiber hood dampers $109 total with shipping.
install took 5mins, these things are sweet. i mean its not that big a deal but they look great, fit perfect and work awesome the hood lifts its self. best part is no more stupid prop rod(which is a bit of a pain to remove from the car) to hit and have the hood came down on your head. great product just thought i'd share
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-15-2009, 12:11 AM
WRXtuners Member

WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Yeah, I bought ixiz hood dampers back when they were only like $60, and I love them. Definitely one of my favorite mods, and it doesn't even have any performance benefit, lol! I pop the hood probably more often than I open any of the doors, so it definitely helps. I hate having the stupid hood prop in the way all the time.
#3 Old 12-16-2009, 12:09 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
I have a set of NRG Carbon fiber hood dampers on mine... paid $134 for mine (w/o shipping). I admit, it was an impulse buy - I just had to have them Great functionality and they look awesome on a black car. Nice choice.

Only thing that annoys me is the washers that came with it have rusted on me. I need to take them out and find some that won't rust.

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)