Subaru WRX Forum banner

HID upgrade?

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  dmcutter 
#1 ·
So, I am thinking about upgrading to HID in my 05. Those of you out there with this upgrade installed…
1. How easy is the install? (i.e. what snags could I run into) I looked on Sharps website at the installation tab, but this is for an 06-07, not an 05.
2. Are you happy with the upgrade?

#2 ·
I have them from them in my 02 great kit all plug and play. Bright as day. love it !Thumbs Up oh and i have the kit in my bike as well amazing. Wouldent wanna ride without them.

#4 ·
The downside is that a lot of other drivers are gonna hate you...Be prepared to get some high beams flashed in your face. I have HIDs both on my headlights Hi/Lo and fog lights on my 03, but it is TOO bright. Since some crazy guy started to yell at me through is passenger window while I was cruising, I turn the fog lights off when it's dark. No problem since then.

#5 ·
Yeah, my SharpHID kit and battery harness were completely plug and play - minus cutting little holes in the plastic circles behind the lights for the wires to feed through. My 35W 5000K kit is pure bright white with the slightest hint of blue... I'd say it looks similar to the stock STi HIDs, but with a tad more glare. I've only been flashed twice, but it was on a pitch black dark two lane road, so anything would appear bright after driving through total darkness. You can also adjust the height of the low beam light cutoff with a bolt behind each headlight assembly which helps with that issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.