HID kit upgrade...Worth it? - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 42 Old 02-02-2007, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

TwinTurbs is an unknown
To all the others who have replyed to my questions, i appericate it very much.
Do you think i should get 6000 instead of 8000k?

Last edited by Ian; 02-04-2007 at 07:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 42 Old 02-02-2007, 01:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

chackoc is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDisk
Where might one go about geting a set of projectors to do a retrofit?
The first step I would do is go to http://hidplanet.com/forums/ and start reading up. That is by far the best resource I found when doing my own retrofit. As far as buying the projectors you can get an idea of appropriate prices there and then either buy from sellers there (caveat emptor), buy from some reputable websites, or buy from ebay. I went the ebay route, and while it took a little while I was happy with the purchase price I got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiSuperman
gotta love internet gangsters. but anyways here this guy on NASIOC that does them for bugeys

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...etrofit+bugeye

I've always been impressed by LightWerkz retrofits. From what I've seen he/she does an excellent job and obviously he/she knows subies. In addition to buyeyes, LightWerkz has also done 04/05 lights, and maybe even 06's. That said the extent of my experience with LightWerkz is watching threds he/she has posted in.
post #18 of 42 Old 02-03-2007, 01:17 AM
WRXtuners Member

deftonesfan7 is an unknown
hey man i myself have been looking into the HID conversion kits for 1 because of the better visibility for driving and 2 once in the projector lens, depending on the color or discharge that you get you can get some nice effects going in the lenses. im working on getting a set of 6000k for my '06. i want to relace the lowbeams which are for the day time runners and the regular driving lights and the fog lights. the reason i like the 6000k is because its more of a white light and when in the projector lens from a distance it appears white with a hint of the blue in it which i like adds a nice little style to it.
but i would at least go with either the 4200k which is like more of a regular sunlight or the 6000k becuase its a whiter light. anything higher in intensity turns colors and makes the visibility a little more difficult.

My car here -> www.cardomain.com/ride/2465242
post #19 of 42 Old 02-03-2007, 05:02 AM
WRXtuners Member

WRXKidid775 is more helpful than not
i did the koji mod on my headlights so they are retrofitted and look like projectors. why dont you do that and then just change the bulbs to silverstars or something of that sort. that would be like 60 bucks and would look good and be functional...

seriously though. dont start arguing and turn this into naisoc. type normal though its a pain in the ass to read. if we cant read it we cant help you.

Robby
02 rex is gone.
I defected to an evo :)
Evo is gone :(
Now I got nothing.
post #20 of 42 Old 02-03-2007, 05:34 AM
WRXtuners Member

dremers is an unknown
chok you sound very knowledgeable about h.i.d systems.one thing I did forget to mention about h.i.d is the rain. you might as well be driving without lights in the rain because they are worthless.

I live more in a woodsy type of area and the h.i.d that I had on my car saved me from a couple of accidents with bambi(dears).
I swear by them now.

the kit from nasioc is sick to death and when he is ready to sell them I will buy one. I dont have the time ,energy to put into making a custom light setup. I work 7 days a week 10 hours a day. so I need things to be plug and play. lilke I said though there are tons of cars that came with h.i.ds that didnt have projector housing.
post #21 of 42 Old 02-04-2007, 08:01 PM
Ian

Ian is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Ian
HID's are totaly worth it! I did spend the extra money for a better brand that lasts. I have heard a few stories where people buy cheap HID kits and they only last 6 months. Just make sure you can easily get replacement parts if needed

My turbo's fixed and a lot better =)
post #22 of 42 Old 02-04-2007, 11:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

DesiSuperman is an unknown
I like how you cleaned up the little argument.
post #23 of 42 Old 02-05-2007, 07:51 AM
WRXtuners Member

JBWRX06 is an unknown
How do you take you head lights off anyway? Can you just put silverstar for new lights or what? thanks
post #24 of 42 Old 02-05-2007, 11:25 AM
WRXtuners Member

Black05WRX is an unknown
Whats wierd about the silverstars, is I had to adjust the headlights a few times after getting them, cause it ended up pointing straight up, or to low, it was weird, its very easy to fix, if you look at the headlight, you can see a single screw which depending which way you turn it, lowers or raises your headlight.
post #25 of 42 Old 02-05-2007, 11:52 AM
WRXtuners Member

JBWRX06 is an unknown
i know that i am talking about, is it easy to take them off and put new bulbs in?
post #26 of 42 Old 02-05-2007, 12:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

dremers is an unknown
oh its to put them in its just hard as hell to screw them.
post #27 of 42 Old 02-05-2007, 03:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

JBWRX06 is an unknown
screw the lights or the headlight covers?
post #28 of 42 Old 03-10-2007, 01:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

chevarian113 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to chevarian113
What about just getting the STI setup and swapping? Is that a hard change? I dont know what they look like, but its been mentioned in here several times that the STI setup is nice. Why not just simplify the matter and throw on the STI? This is something I am strongly considering as my first visual mod so thanks for all the links and info here guys!
post #29 of 42 Old 03-12-2007, 06:07 AM
WRXtuners Member

klloyd is an unknown
I bought a kit for my yukon, 12000k off ebay and i love it. I have never had to use my high beams ever. People are always flashing me, sorry but I can see everything, so im deff. gunna get a set for the car when i get around to it. The only problem I can forsee is that the kits i have looked at eliminate the dual stage bulb, ie high and low beam. The kit says you only get one or the other, so read up on it before you buy the kit, not to sure if they are all like that or not!
post #30 of 42 Old 03-13-2007, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

TwinTurbs is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevarian113 View Post
What about just getting the STI setup and swapping? Is that a hard change? I dont know what they look like, but its been mentioned in here several times that the STI setup is nice. Why not just simplify the matter and throw on the STI? This is something I am strongly considering as my first visual mod so thanks for all the links and info here guys!
Yea that would be bomb. A replacement of the whole headlight adn balasts and all that from am STI, but where am i going to find that? A junkyard?