HID bold color - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 11-12-2007, 05:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

Wagondude is an unknown
Installed my 6000k kit from Sharphid yesterday, all I can say is OH MY GOD!! The kit was worth every penny! My lowbeams look just like a mercedes/BMW hid now, great light, and a nice bluish purple. I CANT EVEN BELIEVE THEY ARE THE SAME HOUSINGS! Look just like the sti headlights now. I now realize why the sti's dont have foglights, mine are now useless! !Laugh! Perhaps now I will install the CF brake ducts to match my hood!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 11-14-2007, 01:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

02subiecolin is an unknown
Are all of the kits on the sharphid site able to work with an 02 wrx and should i install new headlights or can i keep the stock ones or whole that be dumb because i am looking into buying a kit
#18 Old 11-14-2007, 02:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

02subiecolin is an unknown
oh yeah and what type of bulb sorry i forgot to ask that lol
#19 Old 11-14-2007, 03:21 PM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
the 02-03s are 9007 bulbs.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
#20 Old 11-16-2007, 01:48 AM
WRXtuners Member

Blue07Rex is an unknown
I had a couple questions for HIDs with a 2007.

The Sylvania site said my lo-beams are H7, and the high are 9005. I found both of these types with the "Apexcone HID Conversion Kit" but neither for the Hi/Lo bi-xenon kit.

Does this mean I'm screwed if I wanted both high and low beams? I'd really like to have the functionality of the high beam if I could, and the prices on Sharphid seem really reasonable.

What's the difference between 35w and 50w kits? How about the cutoff of the lights? Do you have a ton of people flashing their brights at you if you have installed the kits?

Thanks

Edit: One more question. Does a conversion screw with your daytime running lights? I'd assume it wouldn't change the fog light's function.
#21 Old 11-16-2007, 01:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue07Rex View Post
I had a couple questions for HIDs with a 2007.

The Sylvania site said my lo-beams are H7, and the high are 9005. I found both of these types with the "Apexcone HID Conversion Kit" but neither for the Hi/Lo bi-xenon kit.

Does this mean I'm screwed if I wanted both high and low beams? I'd really like to have the functionality of the high beam if I could, and the prices on Sharphid seem really reasonable.

What's the difference between 35w and 50w kits? How about the cutoff of the lights? Do you have a ton of people flashing their brights at you if you have installed the kits?

Thanks

Edit: One more question. Does a conversion screw with your daytime running lights? I'd assume it wouldn't change the fog light's function.
You don't need a Hi/Lo bi HID kit. Your bulbs are seperate for each function. The bi kit is where 1 bulb does both Hi/Lo per side or 2 bulbs total. Our 06-07s are seperate bulbs 2 per side or 4 total. So, you can do both...can even do fogs. I think someone on here did hid fogs. Can also just do Lows and see if you want to do the HIs later. Oh, and the Lows are H7s and HIs are 9005s. That's correct.

35w and 50w is just that the 50s will have a slightly higher illumination rate then the 35ws. The stock H7s are 50w bulbs. So, our cars can push that. I went with 35w because I figured it'd be bright enough. Low beams have a great cutoff. No, I just have a few people think they're high beams because their so bright...so, they flash me. I flash them back...like hey arse, I'll buy HID HIs then blind you if you want. !Laugh! Any more questions free free to PM SharpHID on these Forms. Jon is a great guy.

Oh yeah, My daytime running lights are fine. But, i think the wattage/amps/voltage (whatever) for 07s daytimes got cut from complaints that the DRLs used to appear to be the normal lights to most customers and they couldn't tell a difference.
#22 Old 11-16-2007, 01:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

Blue07Rex is an unknown
Thanks alot......good to hear! I think our stock high beams are plenty bright; I just wanted to be able to flash someone if I needed to, so stock is fine.

Yeah, those DRL are decently bright....my mom said she drove home from the store at night and didn't realize she had just the DRL on
#23 Old 11-30-2007, 12:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

TwinTurbs is an unknown
+ 1,000 to HID's!

I have a 6oook kit in my 04, for about 200 dollars. If you want more of a deep blue go with 8oook, but the 6oook's are blue enough for me. during the day with the lights on they seem to be purpleish, but when its dark you'll see every road sign and every reflector for about a mile down the road.

and they are soooooooooooo easy to install. found great spots for my ballasts to mount right to the frame around the engine. all ya gotta do it plug like 4 wires together and snap 3 other things together and youre done. you wont regret it BUY THEM!

may i suggest before installing your HID's....i had previously cut a few wires to run my fogs, and engine lights whenever...meaning no DRL's so i have complete control of my lights and all its wonderful combinations
#24 Old 11-30-2007, 01:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

helomechwrx is an unknown
What kit did you guys get? Did you guys get the Apexcone series or the economy series? Also did you guys get the HID battery wiring harness and capacitor harness?
#25 Old 12-04-2007, 06:44 AM
WRXtuners Member

Blakkboxer is an unknown
wow nice hids nagyhead..i'm gona buy myself the 12k (violet/purple) color for christmas lol Thumbs up!
#26 Old 12-04-2007, 10:37 AM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
thanks,
the 12 k are not going to be that bright though, i think 6 k are the brightest

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
#27 Old 12-10-2007, 04:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
pretty much, have to agree with what nagy said. over 6k, the light starts to get dim because of the blue/violet hue.