Headlight demon eye upgrade is it street legal? - Subaru WRX Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By sleepr
  • 1 Post By mikea1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 03-25-2016, 01:11 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

mikea1 is a helpful contributing member
Headlight demon eye upgrade is it street legal?

So attached is my head light I'm thinking of installing a red demon eye for the projectors and I'm thinking of replacing the 3 white LED on the top with a red one.. is it street legal to drive around with this upgrade?
Attached Images

Last edited by mikea1; 03-25-2016 at 11:49 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-25-2016, 08:08 AM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
It's not legal in California, that's for sure.

One thing I've seen in Korea is a demon eye that is a result of some sort of "alarm on" light that is reflected through the projector while parked and the car is off. It was pretty cool IMHO.
mikea1 likes this.

Matt
Stroked and stoked!
post #3 of 6 Old 03-25-2016, 08:57 AM
WRXtuners Member

arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Anywhere in the states red is reserved fr read lamps or emergency vehicles. You can only have white or amber forward facing driving lights. That means most of those purple and blue HID mods are not legal as well. Wether or not a LEO will pull you over for them is another story but if your looking for the letter of the law then its illegal to run red headlights or red headlight parts that may be mistaken for emergency lamps.

- Jason
Slow is Smooth > Smooth is Fast
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 03-25-2016, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticscythe View Post
Anywhere in the states red is reserved fr read lamps or emergency vehicles. You can only have white or amber forward facing driving lights. That means most of those purple and blue HID mods are not legal as well. Wether or not a LEO will pull you over for them is another story but if your looking for the letter of the law then its illegal to run red headlights or red headlight parts that may be mistaken for emergency lamps.
thanks! this is what I've been trying to find out for months now lol! well its funny while reading this the door bell rang and guess what my red demon eye have been delivered lol! well what im planning now the demon eye will only be ON all the time while the car is parked at night (for display only) its an LED so doesn't consume much of battery current. it will be connected to a photoelectric device it means it will automatically turn on once it gets dark and then it will turn off when I turn on the engine

my HID its really not that bright as for the 3 white LED im not replacing them.
post #5 of 6 Old 03-29-2016, 12:58 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

found myself installing my red demon eye today .... but I think I wanna change to amber color ..
Attached Images

sleepr likes this.
post #6 of 6 Old 03-29-2016, 09:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
I definitely agree that swapping for amber would be a good call. Its more legal that way and I personally like the warm orange light : )

- Jason
Slow is Smooth > Smooth is Fast