Subaru WRX Forum banner

Head Unit Replacment for 2012 nav

10K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  mosc 
#1 ·
#2 · (Edited)
#4 ·
I do like the Pioneer Hu's but what drew me to the clarion was the styling and I think the GUI looks a little more polished. I won't need iPhone controls just USB Bluetooth and aux port...HD radio is nice but I won't need satellite radio. Sorry bout the poor grammar I am on my phone one my lunch break!

#5 ·
Do either of these head units support the bluetooth mic and/or the in-wheel controls?

I have been reading reports from the '11 models that both of these two things were not supported by any aftermarket system back then.

I would really like to replace the head unit (in fact I opted to not get the navigation for this reason) but I would if at all possible want to avoid losing these two things.

#7 ·
Typically to retain in-wheel controls you have to buy an extra harness that is not usually made by the same company of your new HU. At the time, they were about $100 just for the harness. It's been a while since I quit so I can't recall the brand.

A lot of the high end nav's come with bluetooth support. A few even come with a mic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.