Subaru WRX Forum banner

Having trouble swapping seats!

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  metroscub 
#1 ·
I know this is a retard question, but here goes... I bought some aftermarket seats for my 2002 bugeye, and they came with "universal" sliders. i was told by the nline company that i bought em from that the sliders would fit my brackets. That being said, I removed my front passenger seat and noticed that the brackets are #1 riveted on and #2 welded in place. Do I need to also buy some brackets? What to do?

#2 ·
Can you take any pictures of your seats and what sliders you have now, you will prob have to drill the rivits and then drill out holes and bolt them in place, i know every seat i have ever done its not to easy just takes alot of time to get them right

#4 ·
It is possible to use your stock brackets if that is what you are talking about, to do so, just cut them offm and fabricate as necessary to make them level, then mount the sliders, however, for ease of use and a clean look, you may want to consider purchasing the corresponding brackets if it is within your budget.

Time and a good plan can make a homemade pair of brackets look really sweet, and in reality, a coat or four of black paint makes everything look spiffy! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.