Subaru WRX Forum banner

Hail damage question

4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  2004 WRX 
#1 ·
So i just got hit by a huge hail storm !Cry! and there are hundreds of dents on my hood roof and trunk. luckily it is covered by insurance. I think they are going to put a new hood and roof panel because theres alot of damage. my question is, if i do get a new hood and roof panel put on wont the paint not match the rest of the car? i have a silver 2004 wrx. it seems like it would be noticeably different between the new paint on the hood and roof against the 6 year old paint on the rest. im just curious what to expect and if theres anything i can do

#2 ·
Ask the insurance to replace the hood with a carbon fiber one (they will usually do it considering it's cheaper than oem)

As far as the paint matching.... depends how good the shop is.

#5 ·
Whether or not it matches depends on how well the body shop that you take your car to is at color matching. They would most likely blend the fenders if the want to do it correctly. as far as painting the whole car it is definitely worth looking in to. I work at a body shop and we just recently had a wrx in for hail damage and the person decided to do a full paint job and it ended up only being about 300-400 dollars more than what the insurance company gave. I would talk with your body shop about it and get their quote for a full paint job and how much for the damage only. Also tell them about your situation and if they want the work they can lower rates. They will want you to get the full paint job. more money for them:)

#6 ·
I am with 02bugeye, check on the painting the whole car. My 89 Prelude got keyed (hood, pass side and trunk) years ago and it cost me and extra $145 to paint the whole car vs. just the damaged parts. I just told them what I wanted to do and they worked with me. Good Luck!

#7 ·
thanks. yeah i talked to the dealership where i am taking it and they said they are going to blend it in with painting around it on the fenders and i shouldnt notice anything. but if it doesnt look good they would just paint the whole thing. they have been excellent every time i have taken it there before so i trust it will work out.

#10 ·
so i finally got my car back today it just got finished. the paintless dent removal looks perfect. just like new. and the new hood paint was blended into the rest perfectly. and they also had to paint the roof and blend it because there were some dents on it too big to use pdr. total was 8500 in damage. but i had a 500$ deductible on my insurance so it wasnt that bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.