Subaru WRX Forum banner

gauge pod options

4K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  BlueDemon 
#1 ·
As of right now I have 2 60mm gauges that I am going to be installing. I'm having a hard time finding any pods that accomodate dual 60mm's. The one place I've come up with is an A pillar from www.gaugepods.com, either that or just use some cups. My original plan was A pillar, but the more I wait, the less I like that idea. If anyone knows of something similar to the autometer bezel, but will fit 60mm gauges lemme know, looks like I might end up buying a 3rd gauge and replacing the clock? I'm so indecisive about this right now! Any info/suggestions would be great. :)

#4 ·
perrin says "universal"... which to me says will fit like crap and probably block your stock gauges, not to mention cover up that parking light switch on the top of the column.... I'm not really in a hurry anyway, seeing how Gruppe-S can't seem to ship me a gasket kit w/out it getting lost in the mail! 2 down, going for try number 3 tomorrow.

#5 ·
I got the pillar from www.vividracing.com which holds 2 60mm gauges. It was like 50 or 60 bucks and it matches interior.
Hope that helps
Noogin

BTW, anybody know of a good place to tap in for a constant power and an ignition (switched) power? Im going to use the wires from stock boost gauge, but it only has the light and ground wire.
Any suggestions will help

#14 ·
wrxecution said:
has anyone ever figured out what paint to use on the unpainted defi pod i ordered mine yesterday and all my searches turned up nada. and i am not gonna put a unpainted pod on my car especially when i spent a ton of money on the pod and defi guages
Yup, to match the dash you use SEM Medium Smoke Bumper Coater Spray Paint. Part number: 39163

and you will get this:

Blue

#19 ·
T WREX said:
Hey Blue,
That paint looks like it's textured. Did you do something special before you sprayed your pod or is that just the way the bumper paint comes out?
No, actually that's exactly how it came out after 3 or 4 coats of the bumper coater. I didn't expect it, and couldn't believe my luck, as it looks exactly like the Vinyl of the dash. Just follow the directions to the 'T' on the can and it should come out like that.

Blue

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.