Gauge battles - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 06-14-2009, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

silvr_wag is an unknown
Angry Gauge battles

I just got in from ALMOST completing my Prosport boost gauge install. I had it lit up and operational when I had it all loose. Then when I tightened everything down and hid the wires, I was going to go for a drive and check out my new gauge...nothin'. No illumunation, no needle movement. Nothin'.

I checked the wires and everything seemed in place. Checked the clock fuse(ACC tap in). Good. The radio was still going(where i tapped in for 12V Ign.). So mad....

Going to try for like the fouth time next weekend! Trying to have my friend in it with me for that one(ex-Circuit City installer). You could say I'm electronically challenged. No questions, just venting I guess....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-14-2009, 09:50 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
That really sucks to hear. Shot prosport an email, see if they can maybe shed some lite into the problem also. Im not much of an electrician myself. But I hope you can get it figured out. Post up some pics afterwards if you can when they are up and running.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #3 of 6 Old 06-15-2009, 12:46 AM
WRXtuners Member

jed344 is an unknown
i know what thats like cept for audio... sometimes they will just start working again but i feel ## pain
post #4 of 6 Old 06-15-2009, 04:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

DARTGTS is an unknown
Don't know if it matters to you but I actually tapped into my cigar lighter and cigar light for the illumination. I just gently removed the spade connectors from the factory connector and attached the wires to them and plugged everything back in. Worked great and was very easy to run the wires just followed the factory harness down to it. Don't know if this will help with your problem. I will say this though I did have a problem with the Prosport gauge connector not seating all the way.. Gave me fits untill I figured it out.
post #5 of 6 Old 06-20-2009, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

silvr_wag is an unknown
DART, do you mean the connector right off the back of the gauge? I'll check that.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-20-2009, 07:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

DARTGTS is an unknown
Yes that is the one.. The molex connector wires on mine were loose so I ended up just making sure that they were in tight and things seem to be working fine now.. The board connection is also sometimes suspect. I had to return my original gauge because the pcb connection was faulty, if I pushed the connector in and held it the gauge would work as soon as I let it go it would stop. They returned it with no questions after I explained the problem.. Good luch hope it is something that simple..