Front Speaker options - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 04-07-2011, 07:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxsnowman is an unknown
Front Speaker options

I just bought a new JVC deck unit for my car. Next month I'm looking to install a component set up front. However, as we all know the WRX doors like to make this a problem. I'm just wondering what setups people are running, and what has worked with little or no modification. I'm looking at a set of Alpine SPS610C 6.5 component speakers. I don't know if they fit, but they have amazing sound. Just mainly looking to see what people have done, and or what I would need to do to get nice speakers to fit! thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-07-2011, 09:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

bad grocerygetter is a helpful contributing member
I bought some mb quart components for mine. I just needed to buy some spacer rings to help the magnets clear on the back side. Pretty shallow back there. You may need something like this with the alpines. They tend to be pretty deep unless things have changed in the past few years... Gl!!!
#3 Old 04-11-2011, 08:17 AM
WRXtuners Member

gunk007 is more helpful than not
I have some Infinity components in my car. Needed the spacers. I just bought some rubber washers from the hardware store. Easy install.
#4 Old 04-13-2011, 12:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

Gram is an unknown
+1 on the Infinity (I personally Love the KAPPA line). I Have installed a great number of sound systems in my day and I would recommend something with neodymium magnets. they are smaller and and work better in tight spaces, without compromising sound or quality. The only down side is they are more $$
#5 Old 04-21-2011, 03:18 PM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
I have 6.5" with a separate tweeter in stock locations in the front. Had to custom fab a bracket for it (easy). Used the spacers that came with the Infinitys. Did a lot of trimming within the door card. The tweeter pushes the grill a bit in the stock location. Not a big deal. Or you could trim part of the grill on the tweeter for it to fit behind it all perfectly. Every case is different.

I have 6.5" Infinity component in the back. I had to shave the tweeter that's built into the center of the speaker to clear the door. Had to trim the door card and remove a LOT of metal on the door itself with an airsaw. Mostly did this to quiet the nay sayers that you can't fit anything bigger than 4" in the back. Again, used everything that came with my speakers.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
#6 Old 04-21-2011, 08:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

Hondafan is a helpful contributing member
+10 on the Infinity speakers! Get the Kappa, or even better, Kappa Perfects. Clear, uncolored sound. Check them out and compare. You'll love them.