Front lip? 04 WRX - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-18-2012, 10:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

Zaridar is an unknown
Front lip? 04 WRX

I have an 04 wrx... I was wondering what options i have for a front lip to make the front look a little lower and more aggressive... i can only find pics of front lips on an STi which mine is not.. thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-20-2012, 04:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Chargespeed USA - Offering the best in aftermarket body kits
I love charge-speed. If you want more, do what I did and use the secret search engine............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....................................Google.com

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#3 Old 06-20-2012, 05:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

Zaridar is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZE2099 View Post
Chargespeed USA - Offering the best in aftermarket body kits
I love charge-speed. If you want more, do what I did and use the secret search engine............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....................................Google.com
Yeah good luck with that... every single one has an STi bumper cover.... or a completley aftermarket one...
#4 Old 06-20-2012, 05:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

Zaridar is an unknown
Not sure if you were trying to be a smart ass or not... I hate it when people try to make others look stupid but fail to realize the whole situation, which I did explain... My car is not an STi.... I haven't found a picture with a front lip on a non STi wrx. i do not want to replace my bumper cover just add a lip underneath... I dont know how it will look because everyone one on google looks like they are on an sti bumper... Thanks
#5 Old 06-20-2012, 07:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
#6 Old 06-21-2012, 04:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Wasn't trying to be a d**k man
Just trying to help, the Internet has everything. If you don't see what you want. Those company's list there 1-800 numbers for helping people like you and I, do they can make a sale and meet good customer service.

Randy-
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#7 Old 06-21-2012, 06:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

Zaridar is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZE2099 View Post
Wasn't trying to be a d**k man
Just trying to help, the Internet has everything. If you don't see what you want. Those company's list there 1-800 numbers for helping people like you and I, do they can make a sale and meet good customer service.
ok sorry I just see way too many time when people ask questions and they get made out to look like fools or people just bash what they are doing instead of trying to answer the question. I know how to use the internet and have done quite a bit of searching... i was just thinking that there must be someone on here that has a not STi bumper cover with a front lip and maybe they could post up some pics and links. Everything I find had a different bumper on it from an STi
#8 Old 06-21-2012, 09:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Can you post a pic of your front bumper please, the only thing I really see different is the fog covers

Randy-
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#9 Old 06-22-2012, 05:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

Zaridar is an unknown
here is my car... i want to keep my fogs... actually though about getting bigger ones...
Attached Images

#10 Old 06-22-2012, 10:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
#11 Old 06-24-2012, 02:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

Zaridar is an unknown
so are these all going to require alot of body work.. because most of them look like they are a different bumper to me. all one piece... thanks
#12 Old 06-24-2012, 02:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

Zaridar is an unknown
i really like the silver one with the big yellow fogs... but it looks like one single piece new bumper cover... that or it has been molded on and repainted... i was hoping for someting with alot less work. I just had my front bumber replaced and repainted after an accident and insurance claim...
#13 Old 06-24-2012, 03:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
They are all lips that follow your body lines to keep it to an almost stock feel(not add on garbage)
Please do note that most all kits require hours of prep to fit and make 100% smooth. 90% of these are mass produced just being pulled out of a mold, hit with a grinder on the edges and thrown into a box to be put on your front step.
Estimated price to prep, fit and spray a kit is anywhere from $500-$1500, depending on the new condition.
I used to have my own custom body shop, where I fitted dozens of kits. I could tell if it was an ebay kit just by looking at it and would charge more up front to make the fitment correct (there always way off)
I did a quick fitment on the kit on my WRx and is barely good enough for my liking, It took me about 8 hours into paint./ And I still have to pull it back off and redo some things on it(fitment) I ordered it from one of our sites vendors and it cost me around $600 delivered, If I were to pay somebody to fit it and put it on into paint, Than I would have been looking easily at another $1000.

GL............If you want a link to that particular kit you liked, just let me know and I'll hook you up with a cheap one and a good one (neither being perfect from factory.
do note- Some good company's make really good fitted kits and those run between $1500-$3000 to your door unpainted.

Randy-
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#14 Old 07-06-2012, 08:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

Zaridar is an unknown
ok thats not going to happen any time soon.... i dont have that kinda cash...
#15 Old 07-07-2012, 12:16 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
You already have a sharp car.... Start with Maint and power/suspension

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3