Foglight replacement - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 07-31-2006, 06:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

04rex is an unknown
Foglight replacement

Hey, i was just wondering if anybody knew the proper way to replace the foglights? I bought new bulbs to install, but i cannot install them. I dont know how to remove the foglight asembly to get to the bulb. if anybody knows how to do it and if they have a tutorial or something, that would be great.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-31-2006, 07:46 PM
WRXpert

LiL Shoaf is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to LiL Shoaf Send a message via Yahoo to LiL Shoaf
FYI, I moved your post to the "Problem Diagnosis" area, it seams to fit better here...

I am sorry however, I don't know how to change one in the 04.. But in the my 02 I simply unfastened the lower front section of the inner fender well and pulled it down out of the way. This gained me access to the back of the Fog Light assemble so I was able to pop off the plastic retainer and change the bulb..

That was before I put on my Perrin FMIC and lost my Fog Lights.. Not to worry, I have a plan to put them back on... Just have to get off my lazy duff and do it when I have time.. Which is only on the weekends with my schedule..

02 WRX.. "It's fun when it runs.. Problem is that it hardly ever does..."
#3 Old 08-01-2006, 08:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

joker97 is an unknown
you have to get access to the back of the fog lamp. the front glass will NOT come off the bulb is replaced from the behind. find the screw (i dont have your model) to remove the fog light or to let it flip down so you can get access to its rear
#4 Old 08-02-2006, 09:16 AM
WRXtuners Member

Whodie126 is an unknown
Buy a chilton or a haynes manual, it will tell you pretty much whatever you want to know. If you have access to a shop or know someone who is a mechanic try all-data. You should be able to figure this one out on your own but those manuals will come in handy down the road.
#5 Old 08-02-2006, 12:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

03 CrazyTaxi is known to be trustworthy and helpful 03 CrazyTaxi is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via MSN to 03 CrazyTaxi Send a message via Yahoo to 03 CrazyTaxi
I have an 03 and I'm able to get to them from the back side. You just have to remove the splash guard underneath the front end.
#6 Old 08-03-2006, 02:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

9d2TSi is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to 9d2TSi Send a message via MSN to 9d2TSi
Sorry Ken, moved to Non-Performance since there's really no questions about it other than how to replace them.

My car is well, it's like 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag...

<------ Click to see what I'm workin' with. ;)
#7 Old 03-07-2009, 05:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

CW054 is an unknown
On the 2007, 1. remove the splash guards underneath the driver side, they are held on with the plastic pop rivits, use a screwdriver to pop the center down, then the rivit comes out. The screw type just unscrew 1/4 turn and it releases. Just remove enough to pull the splash guard down and out of the way. 2. Remove the wire harness on the back of the fog light housing, push the release lever in and pull down on the harness. 3. Twist, (unscrew) the disk on the back of the fog light housing 1/4 turn and it comes off. The bulb is plugged into the back of the disk, remove the bulb wire, easy to do with needle nose pliers. 4. A spring clip holds the bulb in, push in, and pull down slightly to release from the hook, and the spring clip flips back out of the way. 5. pull out the bulb and put the new one in.
6. Flip the spring clip back into position and push in and up to clip. 7. plug the bulb wire into the back of the disk. 8. Replace the disk onto the back of the housing, screw on, (tighten) 1/4 turn. 9. Reconnect the wiring harness, push up into slot. 10. replace the splash guard.