Fog Lights To Work At All Times - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-01-2009, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

diabelek is an unknown
Arrow Fog Lights To Work At All Times

Hi guys
i was just wondering if anyone knows how to re-wire fog lights on wrx 03 so they work whenever you want. Even when the high and low beam lights are off. I just want the fog lights to work by itself with push of a bottom.

Thanks for suggestions

Krys B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-01-2009, 11:47 PM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
Your parking lights will need to be on the very least for this version.
How-To mod the 2004/2005 fog lights to turn on with 12 volts - IWSTI.com: Subaru WRX STI Forums

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
post #3 of 3 Old 04-03-2009, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

diabelek is an unknown
thanks for your help. This mod is great!!! Very easy to do it yourself without paying to anyone.
While doing this mod i found a very easy ### to turn off the ALL DAY LIGHTS.

here is a little script to help you do it( i found it on some other webiste). I think it something that shouldn't be there.

Driving Lights

This mod allows you to drive around without your lights on all the time. It takes about 5 minutes to complete and it is just something that doesn't need to be there in my opinion.

The hardest part about this mod is contorting your arms enough to remove the nuts that hold the bracket onto the strut tower.

Remove the two half turn screws that hold the plastic cover on. This is the cover between the airbox and the passenger side strut tower. If you look straight down through all of the exposed electronics you can see what looks like a giant silver tic-tac. This unit has a plastic wiring plug on the bottom of it and a bracket that holds it onto the car. You can reach down (harder than it sounds) and unplug the wiring harness then you remove the screws.

You know you have the right piece if you can read the "Warning unit gets hot" label on it.

Technically you only have to undo the wiring connection to disable the Daytime Running Lights but I like to have a neat and tidy engine bay so I just removed the unit all together.

I have a picture how the DRL module look. Let me know if you need to see it, i send it to your email.

Thanks

Krys B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement