Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Non-Performance Tech (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f73/)
-   -   Floor Mats.... (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f73/floor-mats-31556/)

Zaridar 11-04-2011 04:40 PM

Floor Mats....

I have an 04 WRX the driver floor mat constantly slides forward. the mounting tab is missing and the carpet has a big hole where it was.. Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with any aftermarket mats (don't slide forward).

ejs0806 11-04-2011 05:47 PM

same problem with mine its driving me crazy!

rex2002 11-04-2011 06:30 PM

self adhesive Velcro mount them on the floor mats and to the carpet of the car and when ya need to clean the car just peal away the mats.. its worth a shot

psinuse 11-04-2011 07:21 PM

Man you guys must be rough on your cars, I still have the original floor mats in my car from 2003, no holes and only a little wear....anywho Try buying some from Ebay or for sale ads on Nabisco...

man show 11-04-2011 07:41 PM

If you dig all weather mats, I bought a set of black WeatherTech DigitalFit Floor Liners for the front and back and they all fit really snug and provide plenty of protection everywhere. The driver's side mat does have a hole for the stock tab though, so I don't know if it would slide forward without it or not. I use those in the winter and set of dark gray carpeted mats with "WRX" embroidered on them in the summer.

I actually still have my stock desert beige (tan) carpeted mats - they're really fresh (I swapped them out for the dark gray ones around 1,200 miles) if anybody wants them ;)

ejs0806 11-04-2011 10:45 PM

[quote=psinuse;270522]Man you guys must be rough on your cars, I still have the original floor mats in my car from 2003, no holes and only a little wear....anywho Try buying some from Ebay or for sale ads on Nabisco...[/quote]

i bought my car this way so i dont know what the hell the guy who had it before me managed to do to rip them out and im probably gunna go the allweather black rubber style they have seemed to work out good for me in the past

Zaridar 11-05-2011 01:11 AM

same here it was this way when i got it.... i see the rubber ones at the subaru dealer for 38 bucks for a set of 4... however i dont have the stock hook nor can i re install one since the carpet has a huge hole there now... if the rummer ones will not slide i will get them... however i dont know if this is the case... i think i might pull th e carpet back and install some steel plumbers banding under the carpet.. then use the stock hook into the holes in the banding. i think i will mount it off the piece that houses the trunk/ gas door release handles.... i plan on using the stock hook but mounting it into the floor mat itself...

ejs0806 11-05-2011 11:56 PM

[quote=Zaridar;270538]same here it was this way when i got it.... i see the rubber ones at the subaru dealer for 38 bucks for a set of 4... however i dont have the stock hook nor can i re install one since the carpet has a huge hole there now... if the rummer ones will not slide i will get them... however i dont know if this is the case... i think i might pull th e carpet back and install some steel plumbers banding under the carpet.. then use the stock hook into the holes in the banding. i think i will mount it off the piece that houses the trunk/ gas door release handles.... i plan on using the stock hook but mounting it into the floor mat itself...[/quote]

same here lol the hole is HUGE i cant imagine how it happened i would almost cruise with no mat but under all the carpets chewed up from the last owners shoes... kinda wierd i think he drove with his heel dug in or something there literally a whole under the clutch so im gunna order some rubber one ill let you know how they work out.. i was also thinking of trying a bolt wwith a large washer to go under the carpet and put the nut on the outside?? it might look a little cheap so im not sure what im gunna do

Zaridar 11-12-2011 11:09 AM

I used the stock floor hook from subaru and mounted it into my floor mat facing downward. (had to drill the eyelet out of the floor mat) Then i pulled up the carpet and took out the drivers seat. I used a piece of metal strapping (plumbers banding/ exhaust repair banding) with holes just large enough for the hook to fit snugly into. then used a couple self taping screws to hold the banding down on the cross pillar the seat mounts to. ( i also have the seat mounting bolt going through the banding to make sure it goes nowhere). put everything back together and the put the hook through the hole in the carpet there that was left from the beginning and through the plumbers banding.... jimmied it in becuse in my case its sung... VIOLA! works like a charm so far:)