Fitted Sub enclosure question - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 02-04-2011, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

L0athe is an unknown
Fitted Sub enclosure question

I found this sub box and like the way it looks/fits and was thinking about picking one up until I got to wondering where I would mount the amps. I asked the seller where they would recommend mounting them and they said they don't now the vehicle well enough to suggest anything. I also asked if they could shrink down the backside of the box so there would be enough room to mount them on the back side of the rear seats but they said they couldn't do that either. Anyone use this and have a suggestion or any ideas? I have two pretty good sized amps that I really don't want to have to mount on the floor of the trunk in front of the box and take up all the trunk space. Saving space and having a nicer looking trunk are two of the reasons I wanted the box in the first place. Thanks!

Link to the enclosure: 02-07 Subaru IMPREZA SUB BOX Subwoofer Enclosure WRX - eBay (item 380283967911 end time Mar-04-11 00:00:17 PST)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-04-2011, 07:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

Hondafan is a helpful contributing member
It depends a little on the physical size of the amp, but I was able to mount my amp in my '02 behind the formed carpet/plasctic thing on the left hand side, mounted in a rather large gap in there (in front of the jack). It made for a super stealth look, especially as I had a fiberglass box I made for the right side to mount my 10" Infinity sub, in the back corner.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-17-2011, 12:11 AM
WRXtuners Member

jjwade829 is an unknown
A couple suggestions,

The obvious, Build your own custom enclosure out of 3/4 mdf or something of your choice.
You could build one similar to the aforementioned on ebay but smaller as to give room for an amp.

Or you could go with this or something like it

Perfect Fit Hide Away Amplifier Rack 22 Inch Version

Just a few thoughts like i said, but maybe it helps.

-Joe
post #4 of 5 Old 09-17-2011, 08:44 AM
WRXtuners Member

rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to rex2002 Send a message via Skype™ to rex2002
02-07 Impreza/WRX/STI Sedan - Single 10" Showboat enclosure for 02-07 Subaru Impreza sedans JSEnclosures

i know this doesnt answer your question but i found this box that only holds one but it saves so much room in the trunk. just take a look
post #5 of 5 Old 09-17-2011, 11:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

BoostinChick is a helpful contributing member
Garage
^ That wouldn't be an option for me. That would block my ski hole pass through. I am an fan of Audio Integrations solutions for this stuff.
http://www.audiointegrations.net/home.html

- Sandra
2007 WRX TR | Stage 2 | PAR Gearset (Built by AndrewTech)