Subaru WRX Forum banner

Fender/Hood Spacing

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  DarkJuic3b0x 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

to keep it short, if I am looking at my car from the front, the gap between the front fender and the hood on the left side of the car is wider than the gap between the two on the right side of the car. since it's been raining here the past week, i'm afraid water might make its way into the engine bay and mess up some electrical stuff.

is there any way to fix this or could i just pick up some cheap weather stripping/rubber strips from lowes or home depot and somehow line it up with the fender to make it flush whenever the hood is shut?

#2 ·
Lil Shoaf accidently reported to this post rather than responding to it, but here's his comments.

"This is the reason that the user gave:
Water gets into the engine bay all the time just look at the hood scoop and the front grill. The Electronics under the hook are protected against rain so no worries there..

As far as the gap goes you can losen the bolts along the top of the fender and adjust it so that the gaps are even. You might also have to losen the hood and shift it a little.."

#3 ·
Thanks! The only reason I had a bit of worry is that I have an HID kit installed and the ballast on the left side of the vehicle is tied down and not moving and the wires are insulated, but I was afraid that the water might trickle down to the ballast and :beatentod stuff up... =[

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.