Factory Speaker Size? - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 19 Old 12-02-2011, 04:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

gunk007 is more helpful than not
Vew is right. 4" in the back 5.25 in the front. I only replaced my fronts and it sounds fine to me (but I am in the front )
About the 2 blue wires... one is a power ant wire and the other is a remote turn on (for the amp). Either should work, just might have to turn on the remote turn on wire in the settings of the deck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 Old 12-02-2011, 04:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
My mistake, I was sold two sets of 6.5's and I knew that modification would be required for both, didn't realize it was that big of a step up in the rear. Thanks Vew.

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon
post #18 of 19 Old 12-02-2011, 08:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

ejs0806 is more helpful than not
also just a heads up i put new speakers in my old 350z and a friends car as well which needed to be spaced far out so it wouldnt hit the window.. If your not gunna use the stock speakers and there trash cut the speaker out (most are made of walmart construction paper lol) use the stock spacer on both cars it worked great. Not sure about these cars i havnt messed with speakers yet just the deck also if he went that ghetto on the radio make sure to check the rest of the car and stuff done to it
post #19 of 19 Old 12-03-2011, 02:07 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Kapt is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunk007 View Post
Vew is right. 4" in the back 5.25 in the front. I only replaced my fronts and it sounds fine to me (but I am in the front )
About the 2 blue wires... one is a power ant wire and the other is a remote turn on (for the amp). Either should work, just might have to turn on the remote turn on wire in the settings of the deck.
OK, that makes sense then. The deck I installed has a power antenna wire, and a remote turn on for the amp. I can work with this I just have to find the extra blue wire
Sponsored Links
Advertisement