EXPLAIN HIDs - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 11-27-2007, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Cloud9 is an unknown
EXPLAIN HIDs

Sorry to regenerate the noob HID dillema, but I want to buy some HIDs but I dont know whats what from all else. I was looking at some on the site sharpHID was selling but I have no idea what I need. What is the advantage of "slim ballast", will the high beams still run with a kit like that, and what are the stock WRX bulb sizes for the appropriate high/low beam bulbs, is H7 one? Sorry to sound like an idiot but I cant find any clear answers on our foum or NASIOC. Thanks much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-27-2007, 09:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

Jave is more helpful than not
give these guys a shout. http://www.lightwerkz.net/

they retrofit HIDs into the factory non-HID housing and do a damn good job.

look at the first post here...

http://###############/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2224

▼SbiΣ Mi▼
post #3 of 9 Old 11-28-2007, 01:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

9d2TSi is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to 9d2TSi Send a message via MSN to 9d2TSi
I bought the Apexcone 35w kit from lightwerks. If I had it to do over again, I would have gotten the 55w instead. The 35w kit comes with the thin ballasts, but they are still a pita to install, and they aren't much more powerful than stock. The light is more clean and white, but I wish it would have been a little brighter.

For $200, they're just ok, IMO.

My car is well, it's like 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag...

<------ Click to see what I'm workin' with. ;)
post #4 of 9 Old 11-28-2007, 08:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

thebean123 is an unknown
So the 35w arent that mauch brighter. Hmmmmm thats helpful cause thats what I was thinking about going with but if you put it that way then I'll just go with the 55. Thanks.
post #5 of 9 Old 11-30-2007, 10:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

Wagondude is an unknown
I got the apexcone 35w 6000k kit for my 2004 wagon and I think it is plenty bright! Nice blue/purple light (looks like a blacklite effect on the road and the road signs.) A huge upgrade from the stock junkers. Also, imo the 55's are gonna get you a lot of people flashin at you! They are recommended for off road use only, besides I had to re-aim my lights with the Hids and now they are perfect!
post #6 of 9 Old 12-03-2007, 10:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

helomechwrx is an unknown
With those kits did you guys get the hid battery wiring and capacitor wiring harnesses?
post #7 of 9 Old 12-10-2007, 05:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud9 View Post
Sorry to regenerate the noob HID dillema, but I want to buy some HIDs but I dont know whats what from all else. I was looking at some on the site sharpHID was selling but I have no idea what I need. What is the advantage of "slim ballast", will the high beams still run with a kit like that, and what are the stock WRX bulb sizes for the appropriate high/low beam bulbs, is H7 one? Sorry to sound like an idiot but I cant find any clear answers on our foum or NASIOC. Thanks much
If you want to know more about SharpHID, then find Jon on here. His name is SharpHID I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9d2TSi View Post
I bought the Apexcone 35w kit from lightwerks. If I had it to do over again, I would have gotten the 55w instead. The 35w kit comes with the thin ballasts, but they are still a pita to install, and they aren't much more powerful than stock. The light is more clean and white, but I wish it would have been a little brighter.

For $200, they're just ok, IMO.

As far as not much brighter? How could you say that? What temperature/K were you using? Because my 6000 temp 35w apexicones are bright as shit compared to stock. I got mine from Sharp.
post #8 of 9 Old 12-10-2007, 05:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxtr is an unknown
i have the apexcone 55w 6000k hid kit from light werks. i love them and the install couldnt be any easier.
post #9 of 9 Old 12-13-2007, 06:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

Wagondude is an unknown
Didnt need the battery wiring and capacitor harness, I just disconnected the DRL's.....save your money you dont need the harness if you disconnect the DRL's. DRL's are killers of HID's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement