Subaru WRX Forum banner

Experience With Fumoto Oil Drain Valves?

11K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  arcticscythe 
#1 ·
So im done with SOA free oil changes and that means it about time I get to do my own oil. I am sticking with my tuners reccomendation for oil and I am looking at oil plugs and valves. That being said I am interested in the Fumoto oil drain valves.

If you haven't seen them check out their website, they let you swap oil without having to remove the drain plug. No sockets required, just open the locking valve, drain, swap filters and refill.

Fumoto Valve | Qwik Valve™

My dilemma is choosing between the 3 options they have available;

f-105 their standard valve with no protruding space, used oil flows directly out of the valve and hopefully into your catch pan wile missing the plasitic bottom lining.

f-105 S the new valve with a very small nipple for attaching a nylon hose. In theory it is both low profile and allows for a hose to direct used oil into whatever container you choose.

f-105 N the original nipple valve, with a nice extended nipple for attaching a hose.

I am interested in the 105 S or the 105 N but Im looking for other drivers with some experience using them in their Subarus. From my other reading they seem to be reliable as plugs and very easy to operate as drains. I also plan on purchasing a $2.00 lock to go on top of the drain just for my piece of mind with a valve instead of a standard plug.

Any input would be greatly appreciated

See less See more
#2 ·
I have one. 2 things to note.

The inlet screws in further than the base of the oil pan, meaning it won't drain completely unless you cut some of the threading off.

The factory oil plug is magnetic. You lose that benefit with the Fumoto.

That being said, they are easy to use and make much less of a mess. It leaks a little, but not much by any means.

#3 ·
Thanks brfatal, Do you have the S/N model or the standard one? does it drain away from the engine bay liner?

Im not so worried about the magnetic plug, Ive always felt like magnets would be more useful if they magnetized the oil filter media rather than hope that the iron particles sink to the bottom of your oil pan right next to your oil plug.

anyway, thanks for the input, still undecided on what model to get but definitely into the fumoto valve

#5 ·
I had the plain one in my 02 and loved it. Now as of recently I got another off armorers or whatever his user name is....(Andy) for my 11'.
Next oil change it will get installed. I can't wait because it's literally one of my favorite add ons I've ever had.

I think the one I have now has the big nipple, bit I'm not sure.

Reactions: arewmors
#7 ·
Thats excellent, everyone seems pretty pleased with the original one. Im thinking i might grab the one with the little nipple just so i have the option for a hose but if they flow nicely then it may not even be needed.

#11 ·
I'm not exactly sure what model my FuMoto valve is, but I got it back in May of 2007. My only complaint is that when the oil stream begins to slowly trickle toward the end of the drainage cycle, it tends to run straight down the lever before dripping into the oil pan. It's not really a big deal at all since it only takes a second to wipe off. Other than that, I've thoroughly enjoyed using it during my last 42 oil changes on my WRX and I'll definitely be getting them for all of my future vehicles.

Attachments

#18 ·
Can't a guy just take a pic of the underside of his car and share it with his forum buddies? Sheesh! Observe the open position of my FuMoto engine oil drain valve and the lack of an oil filter attached to my engine. Believe it or not, I was actually changing my oil that day. What would this forum be without my random, yet sometimes sort of appropriate pics?

#20 ·
When I do my next change i'm gonna take a picture of the new valve. That way google can times tamp and date stamp it for me, connect the photo to the google wallet receipt for the oil and filter and have a very accurate record of the oil change, just in case I every need warranty support.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.