Subaru WRX Forum banner

EGT sensor location

6K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Narrus 
#1 ·
Ok, getting ready to install this and was told to put it near cylinder 4 (turboxs info). So would this be on the passenger side exhaust manifold? Or would it just be easier to do it on the uppipe? Either way I have to drill a hole. Just the uppipe is already out of the car.

#2 ·
Narrus said:
Ok, getting ready to install this and was told to put it near cylinder 4 (turboxs info). So would this be on the passenger side exhaust manifold? Or would it just be easier to do it on the uppipe? Either way I have to drill a hole. Just the uppipe is already out of the car.
Do yourself a favor and do not install the EGT probe in the uppipe. The temps you'll be seeing are not the correct temps and will need to be compensated for. Cylinder 4 is on the Driver's side manifold. There's a perfect location for tapping there, which is the Casting Button on the manifold.

Blue

#3 ·
Thanks, I can understand the concepts of all this modding, but when it comes down to the actual doing, I get very cautious.

Granted, last night I taught myself how to remove the radio and half the console. Even got it all back in without hurting anything. This has zero impact on my ability to drive the car however. Working from home because I blew up the car wouldn't go over real well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.