Door panels and stock stereo - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 01-12-2010, 09:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

gdemander is an unknown
Okay, cancel my last post. I have a new working hypothesis as to wear the 'clicking' noise is coming from. I believe (fingers crossed) it is from the component speaker box hitting against my hard wired radar detector which are installed behind my glove box. The noise was really difficult to pin point since I sit in the driver's seat and my girlfriend's response was always, "All cars make noise, calm down." I am just happy because this is a much easier fix than dynamating my doors (again).

As a side note, my windows do no rattle and sounds like your door panels may not be on properly. On my old Subaru there was a piece of plastic that held the door panel into place that right next to the door. I left that out one time when I was into my door panel and it caused my windows to rattle. I don't remember seeing one on these doors though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 01-13-2010, 02:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx1398 View Post
I havent noticed the doors rattling in mine but i have noticed when i hit a bump it seems the lower left and right corners of the windsheild rattle. Has anyone noticed this? Do i need to have this looked at?
I don't know about the right corner, but I had a similar rattle sound coming from the defroster vent that points at the driver's window. When I would hold my hand over it, it would stop.

I popped out the vent (there is an indentation for a screw driver), covered the contact points with DynaMat, and stuff a few paper towels around the tube that leads to the vent. This fixed the rattles I heard.

I picked up the license plate DynaMat kit on Ebay for $11. I cut it up and used it on all sorts of clips and connection points on the interior pieces. It worked really good for my steering column rattle. I just popped off the bottom of the steering column and put tiny pieces of DynaMat where the top and bottom clip together.

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
#18 Old 01-23-2010, 04:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

Abismo is an unknown
I need to do some rattle hunting as well, im hearing one from my right front passenger door area.