Dome light LED replacement - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 10-07-2011, 12:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

nicktown is an unknown
Dome light LED replacement

I have a 2011 WRX and am looking to replace the factory dome light with a red LED light. Problem is none of them seem to fit! The factory light is 31mm with pinched ends that slide into the housing. The LED lights I've found online don't have the pinched end, however they all say they fit the 2011 WRX (I've tried two now and they don't fit). I know the light is listed as DE3175 and thats what these LED lights say they are, but they dont fit.

Anyone else try replacing their dome light and have this issue? Or better yet, anyone find a replacement LED bulb that fits???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-07-2011, 01:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Buying them off eBay ?

If so, take a nice pic of yours and send it to the seller and ask if it's identical to your pic. If it is, VOILA..... tits.

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
#3 Old 10-07-2011, 02:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

BoostinChick is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Maybe this will help? Interior LED lights

Quote:
The factory light is a DE3175 however a 3022 will also fit. (31mm length) Now I had to do some careful and slight creasing of the bulb end cones to get the bulb holders to hang on to the dome light unit.. the map lights just fit right in.
I have an 07' and replaced the map lights with LED's. The dome ends were a bit larger than stock too, but the metal contact are pretty flexible. I just pushed/bent one of the contacts back a bit while sticking the LED in and it worked fine. Just remember that LED's are polarized, so if they don't turn on when they are supposed to, flip them.

- Sandra
2007 WRX TR | Stage 2 | PAR Gearset (Built by AndrewTech)
#4 Old 10-13-2011, 07:57 AM
WRXtuners Member

nicktown is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostinChick View Post
Maybe this will help? Interior LED lights

I have an 07' and replaced the map lights with LED's. The dome ends were a bit larger than stock too, but the metal contact are pretty flexible. I just pushed/bent one of the contacts back a bit while sticking the LED in and it worked fine. Just remember that LED's are polarized, so if they don't turn on when they are supposed to, flip them.

Had no idea they were polarized. That would explain why they didn't turn on! Thanks!