Subaru WRX Forum banner

do I use my sti to much?

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Haw1es 
#1 ·
It's my only car and I try my hardest not to drive it unless I have to but being my only car pretty much I have to use it a lot I do about 35 to 40 miles a day depending if u need to run arons after work and to and from work Monday thru Friday weekends Saturday Sunday do about 25 Miles a day I'm pushing 97k now and it makes me feel like I'm slowly wearing down my engine I keep up with all changes oil etc if it'd anything like my honda ek I use to have thats still baby miles but in a turbo world being my first boosted car learning new things everyday. My mechanic told me that a rebuild is only necessary if it is why change perfectly working good parts thanks everyone

#2 ·
you are defenitly not using it too much. I have a 2010 WRX that i bought 2 years ago with 30XXX miles on it. She now has 63XXX miles. I use her for work and shes my DD, I put between 1500-2000 miles on her a month. As long as you are enjoying it, you aren't using it too much. Will it need maintenance sooner?, yes. but if you take care of her, she will take care of you.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.