Subaru WRX Forum banner

Diode Dynamics interior LED bulb install

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Diode Dynamics 
#1 ·
I recently ordered interior LED bulbs from Diode Dynamics to outfit the interior of my 2017 WRX. They were very easy to install and they really do improve the lighting inside the car. I was worried about getting electrical errors after installing them but so far no issues. One LED bulb that I did not get that I want to eventually buy is the glovebox bulb. Does anyone know what the bulb style/part number is for the glovebox bulb? I see a bulb on their website but it is for previous year WRXs. Maybe it is the same bulb?

http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/...subaru/wrx/2004-2007-subaru-wrx-glove-box-led

Here is a before/after pic of the map lights.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Glad you enjoyed your lighting upgrade. Most bulbs on Subarus are not sensored so you wont see error codes for low resistance LEDs. One thing to keep in mind is that they do produce alot of heat so without a dissipation surface or airflow to cool LEDs they can potentially overheat and color shift over time.

The same bulb you use on the 16 works for the 2017 as far as I know. I used a complete package that came with all the LEDs I needed when i swapped mine, except for the vanity mirror LEDs, those should really be kept warm white, people dont look great with super white LED lighting.

#4 ·
Yeah back in the day i could understand discouraging makeup in the car but with age comes wisdom and being wise means keeping the ride smooth anough that the wife can do what she wants while you drive : )

Do you guys offer nice bright LEDs in warmer colors for the vanity mirrors?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.