Differneces in wax - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 05-18-2011, 08:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

gunk007 is more helpful than not
Vew, from what I understand, you are the man when it comes to this so I am going to buy a Mother's Clay bar, Klasse All In One, and P21S wax. I can get the clay bar locally but nothing else. Where do you get your from? Thanks alot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 05-19-2011, 02:35 PM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
I get mine from either autogeek.net or autoality.com. I like to support Autoality because they're the only "local" place where I can go into the store to buy stuff. Basically trying to support a local business that's techincally 100 miles from me. But their prices are comparable to the autogeek giant.

I want to mention that there are different grades of clay too. What you find in the kit is a medium grade. I like to keep an aggressive bar around for really neglected or super contaminated cars. It takes a lot less time to clay a car. However, it risks more marring. Again marring is super micro scratches that you can barely see in only in the correct light. Polishing will eliminate these scratches. All clays do this. In fact, anything you do to the car, wash, dry, etc will do this so don't freak out. I have a bar from Meguire's Professional Series. It comes in a huge chunk so I just bite off a small piece and store the rest.

You hold me higher than you should but I appreciate the complement. I've just done a lot of research, learned from someone that is very good at it, and it's just a hobby of mine. Like all my other interests, I like dispelling myths and other misleading information. So if anyone see's I made an error, feel free to correct me. I do make mistakes too.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
#18 Old 05-19-2011, 03:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

If this is the first time I am claying my car, should I go for a more aggressive clay bar. I watched a vid on the Mothers website and it looks pretty easy.
#19 Old 05-19-2011, 10:39 PM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
It's all up to you. You can accomplish the same thing with the standard clay bar. Just takes a little longer.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
#20 Old 05-20-2011, 01:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

It is done. I orderd some car wash, a new mitt, a clay bar, Klasse All in one, P21S Concours Carbona Wax, and some 303 Aerospace. Cant wait to try it all out. Thanks again for all the input.