Dent popping please help - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 12-30-2008, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

04wrxhart is an unknown
Dent popping please help

i found a small dent on the edge of the top of my truck. i opened the trunk and found u can easily see the dent from the inside and it shouldnt be to hard to pop it out. however, i have never popped a dent in my life, and before i take a hammer to it i thought id ask how i should go about this. thanks for the help

Chris.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-30-2008, 06:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Try to google "Ding King", works very well and inexpensive.

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
post #3 of 9 Old 12-31-2008, 11:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Oooooh no, don't use the Ding King or any similar do-it-yourself dent removal system. I tried to remove a dent myself with it from my old car and it did come out, but the metal was full of ripples. I would strongly advise you have it professionally removed. Google "Dent Wizard." Sorry, don't mean to rain on your parade pzr2874, but I'm speaking from personal experience here. My WRX was recently hit by a shopping cart that rolled down a big hill and I had a dent in my rear quarter panel right by the gas cap. From a personal recommendation, I looked up Dent Wizard and found out they travel around and were at a dealership less than a mile from my house for a couple hours that very day. I took my car there as soon as they started working and they gave me an estimate and used their paintless dent removal system while I waited and I swear it looks like there was never any damage at all. It's absolutely perfect. It's not horribly expensive either, expect to pay (very rough estimate) around 100-200 depending on the size of the dent. I swear by their work and I'd recommend them to anybody.

John
07 WRX
post #4 of 9 Old 12-31-2008, 12:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

REDCHARGE is an unknown
Tiolet Plunger .........its Only A Truck Who Cares
post #5 of 9 Old 01-01-2009, 09:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
I think maybe he meant to type "trunk" ...of his WRX

John
07 WRX
post #6 of 9 Old 01-01-2009, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

04wrxhart is an unknown
ok theres no way i was about to try a diy dent popper, ive already heard enough horror stories. it is a very small dent though and it just ticks me off. ive seen my buddy use a hammer and a pry bar to pop a dent out of his fender but he does it for a living heh. anyways ill look up dent wizard, thanks.
post #7 of 9 Old 01-02-2009, 06:52 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
No raining needed.... Worked for me.... depends on the size of the dent. To each their own guys. That's why I said to LOOK INTO it....

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
post #8 of 9 Old 02-20-2009, 05:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

Krazed is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by man show View Post
Oooooh no, don't use the Ding King or any similar do-it-yourself dent removal system. I tried to remove a dent myself with it from my old car and it did come out, but the metal was full of ripples. I would strongly advise you have it professionally removed. Google "Dent Wizard." Sorry, don't mean to rain on your parade pzr2874, but I'm speaking from personal experience here. My WRX was recently hit by a shopping cart that rolled down a big hill and I had a dent in my rear quarter panel right by the gas cap. From a personal recommendation, I looked up Dent Wizard and found out they travel around and were at a dealership less than a mile from my house for a couple hours that very day. I took my car there as soon as they started working and they gave me an estimate and used their paintless dent removal system while I waited and I swear it looks like there was never any damage at all. It's absolutely perfect. It's not horribly expensive either, expect to pay (very rough estimate) around 100-200 depending on the size of the dent. I swear by their work and I'd recommend them to anybody.
I would have to agree completely with this statement. I've had these issues in the past and usually fixing it yourself is a bad option unless your a professional. Usually things like this can be fixed fairly cheap, just make sure you take it somewhere reputable... I've heard of some just using plungers as well lol
post #9 of 9 Old 02-20-2009, 08:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

If you don't care about your car (read: don't do it on your WRX!), there's another DIY trick you can try:

Step 1. Heat the dented area up pretty thoroughly with a hair dryer so it's pretty warm to the touch

Step 2. Get a can of Dust-Off (or other brand) pressurized dusting air that you use to dust the keyboard of your computer, other electronics, etc. Turn it upside-down and spray the liquid form of the product directly on the warmed paint and the dent should pop right out. It shouldn't harm your paint, but I definitely wouldn't risk this on any car that you care about.

If you care about your car and want professional dent-popping results, call Dent Wizard

John
07 WRX