Subaru WRX Forum banner

Defi Gauges

8K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  newtothegame 
#1 ·
I am thinking of ordering the Defi V2 Link gauges from www.edoperformance.com. I have a few questions first.

1. How hard is it to link the 3 gauges that are placed in center of dashboard where stock clock was to Control unit between driver seat and handbrake?

2. How hard is it to install the EGT and Oil Temp sensor?

3. Where exactly should I put the EGT sensor, I am going to have a full turboback exhaust, uppipe and TXS TMIC?

4. How hard is it to install the boost gauge?

5. Do the gauges all come w/ installation instructions?

6. Does anybody know a place to buy a cheap Defi gauge hood for under 150?

7. What paint should I use to try and match stock dash?

I am a kid as you guys all know that is 16 and w/ not many tools. I removed my intake silencer and installed a HKS SSQV and removed my IC pretty easily. Can I do all this with simple tools and not much experience?

See less See more
#2 ·
1. To link 3 gauges it takes all of 3 seconds and putting the control unit inbetween the seat what i did is i made a fiberglass box for it. I guess you could like stickey tape it or somthin. Or I could sell you a box if you wanted.

2. The egt sensor was easy to do. Basically it is like drilling somthin the hard part was removing that part of the exhaust mani. This really wasent all that hard. If the oil temp sensor is the same way you should be fine.

3. I think you put it 3 inches from clyinder number 3 which is the one closest to the passanger. Im not positive though do a search. Thats where I put it.

4.The boost gauge is like this cut hose stick in T connect hose done. I put it on the line that goes to the bov and it seems to work fine.

5.Yes they all come with installation instructions but they only help if you can read japanese. If not go to there website and download them.

6. I do not know

7. I think that they already come painted.

I installed mine by my self and 2 defi's of my friends and I am 15. You should do fine

#4 ·
you can buy a sandwich adapter that goes between your oil filter and block for the oil temp sensor, this is gonna be like another $100 from what I've seen.. and also I just saw a defi pod over on nasioc for $110 painted black to match, but stuff sells quick over there so who knows if it'll be available still.

#7 ·
Where did you end up placing the oil temp sensor? The people installing my Defi gauges said I need a block that goes between the oil filter and motor to place the sensor in. I was wonderin if it would fit in the drain plug? They say it may not fit in the drain plug... If I need the adapter block where will I be able to find it?

#8 ·
They sell Drain plug adaptors for oil temp sensors. I personally went with Greddy's Oil Filter Sandwich Adapter. Check Greddy's website for details and pricing, it has two ports, so you could even do oil pressure if you wanted.

I went with the Driverside exhaust manifold, and drilled the casting button. It has enough thickness so that it's very easy to tap the hole. After that, it's all down hill and VERY simple. My EGT sensor is still functioning perfectly after more than 2 1/2 years.

If the boost gauge is anything like Greddys, then it's a simple process of T'ing off your boost gauges vacuum line and running the sensor to that, and then the sensors wiring to the gauge.

Blue

#9 ·
You do not have to spend the money for a sandwich adapter of any kind, or a drain plug adapter. You can get Subaru part #: 11024AA210 . This replaces a plug on the top of the block under the intercooler, passenger side of the block. It's like $3-$5, and your temp probe should thread right in.

Stock plug:

Location of stock plug:

Factory replacement part:

More pics of location:

Good luck!

-Trevor

#14 ·
You do not have to spend the money for a sandwich adapter of any kind, or a drain plug adapter. You can get Subaru part #: 11024AA210 . This replaces a plug on the top of the block under the intercooler, passenger side of the block. It's like $3-$5,
I know this is an old thread but, I bought this part from subaru to install a Prosport oil pressure guage, The threads are different so the oil pressure sensor dose not thread into it. and it cost 14 dollars.
where else can I install it, or dose anyone know where i can get an adapter?

#12 ·
BlueDemon said:
That's a great find, though that location is suited more for an oil pressure probe (both types would work, but I'd prefer to put an oil pressure in that location; more accurate).

Blue
There is actually an identical plug in the front of the engine just behind the alternator (that's what this p/n actually is) that is used for the oil pressure dummy light.

insanity500 said:
T-WREX, are there supposed to be pictures in your post? If so I am unable to see them (Could be just me though)
I swiped the pics off Nasioc and Scoobymods...not sure if they're working for everyone or not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.