Dang if i do and dang if i dont - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 09-02-2008, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

BugEyedAWD is on thin ice
Send a message via MSN to BugEyedAWD
Dang if i do and dang if i dont

I figured since im at a stand still as far as performance mods go. I would do some "Exterior and Interior Design"

Im really stuck on what i should do as far as looks to my car. Im tastless as far as what looks good. The best way i can explain it is, "racing seats would look cool, but factory are comfortable and really look good themselves. Should i get a new paint job? grilles? headlights? wtf? I have a FMIC which is most of the looks of the car right now. but anyone recommend anything else that would make the car look good both in an out?
The only thing i thought was maybe an Impreza hood (no hood scoop.) then fog light covers and a lower grille to cover the FMIC... but id like some opinions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 09-02-2008, 04:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
Send a message via AIM to SuBeast
I always loved the idea of the no-hoodscoop and FMIC plan, but someone told me that the no-hoodscoop hood isn't aluminum like the wrx's, it's steel and weighs like 25lbs. If you want to do this, paint the FMIC black.

Just as an idea for some stuff you might want to do; on my Jetta I painted my brake calipers red (painting kit at Pep Boys for like $18) I repainted my Front lip black so it looks new, I got an s2000 antenna (idk if it would fit on the wrx) I got a new shiftknob and shiftboot combo, I colored both my VR6 emblems red, along with the VR6 embedded in the valve cover, and I put on a HKS license plate frame.

All these little bits and peices I changed makes a huge difference in the appearence of the car, you may not notice them right off the bat, but it helps out the overall view of the car. Just giving you some ideas you could think about.

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi
1990 Civic time-attack project
1990 Toyota Hilux - daily
post #3 of 12 Old 09-02-2008, 05:41 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
I always think about it from a cop's perspective. What is going to catch their eye, what isn't. They're easy to figure out. The Impreza can look very benign if you want it to, especially the wagon. That said, there are plenty of interior and exterior customizations that can be done to make the car your own. Course, I've never understood the need to "race up" the look of a car with head turning colors, patterns, and bodywork.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
post #4 of 12 Old 09-02-2008, 05:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
Send a message via AIM to SuBeast
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
I always think about it from a cop's perspective. What is going to catch their eye, what isn't.
That's a good way to think about it too. Like an exhaust, if you get a fart-can style, they are going to see it like a light bulb to a mosquito. And a shiny front mount intercooler means 401k plan. This is also why I chose to do these little subtle things to my car that makes it into what some call OEM+. Where it looks like it could have come stock from the factory like that.

(except the fake FMIC I have on my car !Laugh!; which i'm going to take off as soon as I get a chance.)

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi
1990 Civic time-attack project
1990 Toyota Hilux - daily
post #5 of 12 Old 09-02-2008, 07:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxshotta is on thin ice
Heres an interior design that i did with my old rex...take out all the silver interior panels and paint them WR blue..including the centre piece on the dash with the clock..i guarantee you you will love it and so will every one else check it out i attached a pic..try a debagged look, paint your calipers, maybe add some carbon fiber, its your car just be creative.
Attached Images

Last edited by wrxshotta; 09-02-2008 at 08:09 PM. Reason: found picture
post #6 of 12 Old 09-02-2008, 09:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

rockinloud is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxshotta View Post
Heres an interior design that i did with my old rex...take out all the silver interior panels and paint them WR blue..including the centre piece on the dash with the clock..i guarantee you you will love it and so will every one else check it out i attached a pic..try a debagged look, paint your calipers, maybe add some carbon fiber, its your car just be creative.
What kind of paint did you use on the interior and how much?

Ryan
post #7 of 12 Old 09-03-2008, 11:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

wrxshotta is on thin ice
i just went into a autozone...picked out the closest looking paint, some sand paper and set off...it was less than 30 for sure.
post #8 of 12 Old 09-03-2008, 12:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

rockinloud is an unknown
That sounds easy enough. Was it a specific type of pain or doesn't it matter?

Ryan
post #9 of 12 Old 09-03-2008, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

BugEyedAWD is on thin ice
Send a message via MSN to BugEyedAWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinloud View Post
That sounds easy enough. Was it a specific type of pain or doesn't it matter?
I did what he did for his interior for my old Celica. There are only two different types of paint at autozone. They have the engine paint, then they have some normal paint. I used a low grit sand paper, normal paint and they also sell clear coat in a can. Gave it a shiny look to it.

I know im going to have to have a paint job soon, My roommate specializes in auto re fabrication, PDRs and works for a body shop. Im going to let him paint it, but i think i might just go with a non scoop on front. Fog light covers, then there is a chrome under shield that you can get for like 150 dollars. i might just do that and let it be.
post #10 of 12 Old 09-05-2008, 05:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXpwnz00r is an unknown
The parts u painted blue, how did u take the pieces off? Do they just pop off?
post #11 of 12 Old 11-04-2009, 08:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

Danielson is an unknown
I painted my whole interior black!
Debadged my front grill and my trunk then made a small plaque and put the WRX in my front grill.
put in some HIDs.
cleared my head lights and painted them black.
JDM Fogs.
STI Spliters.
STI Front lip.
removed front plate and made custom plate in its place.

There endless things you can do and I would keep the hood scoop ### the more air into the engine bay the better keeps things cooler!

Any Qs PM Me!

2005 WRX
Borla XR-1 CBE Best Purchase so far

"Wax on wax off"
post #12 of 12 Old 11-04-2009, 09:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

d-rungSTi is an unknown
As far as interior goes, you could do the all black interior mod (w/ PlastiDip paint) and the STi-RA mod. With the ra mod, I've seen it on 2005-2007 sti's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement