Custom 10" sub enclosure - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 17 Old 07-01-2012, 01:26 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

undrbst is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by rex2002 View Post
what did you use to make the trace of the truck. i made floor level cut out of the carpet(i just traced the carpet onto the wood) so i could mount a single 12in box on instead of drilling into the cars metal,but i would like do something set up like you have.
I used several pieces of cardboard to make the outside edges of the outer panels first. Then I taped the pieces together and traced them onto the wood. Also, I didn't drill into the metal either. When you remove the factory floor you will see several round black stickers (four I think ) towards the back of the car that cover holes on each frame rails. If you remove the stickers (topside )and rubber plugs (under car) you can run long bolts to secure the side panels....see pic where jack is visible. I made a small hole in each of the rubber plugs and forced them onto the bolts before adding washers and nuts. Make sure your washers are slightly larger than the plugs or you may draw the plug to far into the rail when tightening everything up. Hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 17 Old 09-08-2012, 11:34 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

undrbst is an unknown
Yet another new stereo install. One of my neighbors had an old school Sound Stream amp (500 watts rms x 1 @ 2 ohms) that was in excellent condition to have been stored away for the past 10 years. He paid $500 for it back in the day and pretty much sold it to me for next to nothing....$75. It inspired me to redo my entire setup. Also I just finished a complete trunk install in a friends Cobra that looked better than my second setup and I couldn't have that...lol. The amp rack is mounted on hinges and lifts up to reveal the jack. The LED lights are wired to the trunk light so they only illuminate when the trunk is opened. Enjoy the pics.
Attached Images