Subaru WRX Forum banner

Considering going wingless, and using CF wrap?

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  09bluewrx 
#1 ·
Hello, I am considering going wingless on my 05 WRX. I tried researching if anyone has using carbon fiber wrap to cover up the holes. I know this may sound odd, but this is why I am asking if anyone tried this and if it worked for them. My idea is to take off all the emblems and then using goo gone or rubbing alcohol to get rid of the residue and clean the trunk lid carefully. Then putting some kind of plugs and a layer of some kind to cover up the lid, after that, I would put the layer of carbon fiber wrap and maybe it would work.
BTW: the tape is 3D Textured Black Carbon Fiber Air Release Vinyl Wrap 60" x 60" Roof Trunk Hood | eBay

Any ideas, help, or comments would be greatly appreciated. This is just an idea.:cool:

#2 ·
The only way way to do this where it doesn't look cheesy is either to get a wingless trunk or to fill the holes with bondo and repaint the trunk. Plugs and vinyl dots are obvious and carbon fiber vinyl is rice because using it insinuates that you have a carbon fiber trunk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.