Subaru WRX Forum banner

concealed carry

5K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  ic3b3rg 
#1 ·
Does anyone concealed carry in there car, if so what kind of holster/set up do you have? I have a 16 wrx and trying to get ideas.

#2 ·
This question is pretty off-topic to Subaru.

But to answer your question I always carry in my backpack when I drive. Not because I feel the need to have my concealed pistol on me, but because I carry it around my waist when I run errands. I don't think I have ever felt the need to have a holster mounted inside my car.

#3 ·
I was maybe thinking like below that fuse panel because you knee or leg would be less likely to knock it off. Maybe some velcro on a plastic holster? I've put it in the glove compartment, it just slides around.

It will not work in the center console, my glock 9 is too big
.. depends how big yours is though I guess. I had a ruger 9 that would have fit.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Eh, seem kind of silly to make a mount. If it's not on my side or in my backpack, I'll unclip it from my belt and tuck the holster between my seat and console by the seat belt for times when I'm driving for a lot longer.

#6 ·
I carry a Glock 43 and have never had a problem carrying it at about 4 o'clock on my waist. I can see how a larger gun would be uncomfortable, though. Are you planning on leaving the gun in the car most of the time? If so they make one-touch safes you could mount just about anywhere in the car. I think my father has a Bulldog BD1170 or something similar. Otherwise I would just throw it in the center console or something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.