Subaru WRX Forum banner

complete newb question

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  RcrsWetDream 
#1 ·
whats the thing called going up the left side interior pillar in the car where you install you gauges? i wanna say its gauge cluster but im not getting any results. i have a 09 wrx, anyone wanna give me a tip on a good place to look for one

#3 ·
You're referring to a A Pillar Gauge Pod(s). I would highly recommend you don't get one however, seeing as it is highly dangerous. If you were to get into an accident, the airbags would deploy and you would get a face full of gauges, which wouldn't be to pleasant.

#5 ·
That doesn't happen... I've seen pictures.

If the gauges were to fly off the pillar at you, so would the pillar cover itself, and it doesn't.

There's a weak point in the plastic that the bag shoots out of parrallel to the window, thus it puts ZERO outward force on the pillar. Also, there's a screw that holds the cover on, which the gauges are attached to. It's literally impossible for them to come flying out at you.

This is the guy I had make my pillar setup... Go towards the bottom of his first post, it shows airbags deployed in an Impreza. WOW the pillar is still intact and didn't blow across the car!!!

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gr-vend...illar-gauge-pod-solution-official-vendor.html

I'm sick of that stupid rumor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.