Subaru WRX Forum banner

clear bra's

6K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  KMac41 
#1 ·
I was wondering if any of you guys have clear bra's on your rex. For a new car i am sure getting a lot of paint chips. I don't tailgate and really take care of the car. I know the subie paint has a lackluster reputation for quality. I am pretty good at touch-up but here wikth all the dirt roads and winter driving i see it as a problem. So far have not found anyone locally that does the clear bra.:(

#5 ·
yeah, the clear bra is not visible . Just a film that goes over the car. Anyways at this point I guess I will just live with it. Had plenty of vehicles with paint chips and a good share with fiberglass and bondo. After all these years finally able to buy a new car so I guess just trying to keep it looking nice for a while. oh, well.

#9 ·
There are clear bras out there that don't discolor, but I have no idea which ones are better than others. It's not a bad idea to do your headlights just so you don't get that almost sparkly look on them. I wish I had that done.

#10 ·
Clear paint Protection

Aloha,

I did put clear paint protection film on my 2012 WRX from a local tint company when I took it in to have my windows tinted.

They use LLUMAR Paint Protection Film that is 6Mil thick and is kind of soft and pliable, but there is a 3M product out there as well.

I did put this on my 2011 Outback and with almost 2 years not only is it still clear and shinny, the areas that are protected are perfect, like still new when bought. The areas not protected, have some nicks and pits from rocks.

This is a great investment if you plan on keeping your car for awhile!

#11 ·
I do have a clear bra on my 11wrx that I got from the tint shop. Its also the 6Mil thick LLUMAR, its nearly invisible. Sadly I put it on after I got alot of rock chips but now at least I won't be getting anymore.

Got the full front bumper, the hood up to the hood scoop, quarter panels, headlights and mirrors. She's nice and protected :D

#12 ·
Clear bra for mine!

Took my WRX to the same place we used with our Forester. Happy with the protection factor, but the shop did a sucky job! Thumb prints under the side mirror sheets and some edges are coming up a bit after just two years. We also had them tint the windows - and they scratched the paint on the interior door frame in two places!!!:mad: Didn't realize that until it was too late to dispute. Lots of other stuff, but oh well. Won't be going back there - Quality Tint & Auto Glass in Ft Collins, CO, if you're curious.

Glad I got the clear bra for peace of mind. Won't protect against the big stuff, but what does? I've noticed several scratches on the quarter panels from glancing debris. Guess I better get handy with my touch up paint!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.