Subaru WRX Forum banner

CF hood locking pins

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  02wrxjade 
#1 ·
hello all, i've had my CF hood and trunk lid for a lil over a year now and i've had these hood locking pins since I got the hood, haven't gotten around to installing them, now i need to do this ASAP cause im moving next weekend (lots of highway driving), so can anyone give me some insight on installing them? the hood is seibon oem style. The hood lockers are NRG so they have a stud (bolt with a crown on the top with a slit so that the lock on the CF hood can twist with a key and lock into it, where should the studs be mounted on the radiator support frame? anyone used these lockers before? it seems like the angle will be off from the stud to the locker, any ideas? thanks a bunch

#2 ·
Need help fast!!!

nobody knows?? well isn't it only like a pound difference between stock hoods and CF hoods? is it really a difference where I need the hood pins? i'm driving through a few states on monday. i've noticed well driving over 65 my hood really starts jumping around...the rubber stoppers are pressed firmly against the hood, so there isn't any play in that... any help will be apprectiated thank you

#3 ·
I have a cf hood not a stock cf one but I dont see there being that much difference in weight,I do have my posts mounted and do use the locking pins but about 3 weeks ago some A-hole stole them,I noticed on the highway at about 90 and the hood stayed down firm if that helps ease your mind any before you can do your install. Side note I now use the miny pad locks to hold it down those are harder to steal cause mine have got yannked 3 times now! so far so good

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.