CD Player / Lights - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 12-26-2010, 01:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

Big B is an unknown
CD Player / Lights

I have an 07 WRX with the 6 disc CD changer. Recently whenever i have tried to load a disc the only thing it does is make an awful noise. The CD never loads and this occurs on every slot. Has anyone Else had this problem or know if it is an easy fix?

Also i was looking at getting some Sylvania white lights I was wondering if this would be an upgrade from what is already on my WRX or what kind of lights yall went with. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-26-2010, 07:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

Hondafan is a helpful contributing member
Regarding the CD Player:

I've never done it in a Subaru, but I have experience in taking apart the factory CD changers in a few other vehicles, and it's likely that the disc selector has passed by the last point stop in its track. You can take it apart and usually fix it, but it's super tedious and you have to pay close attention to the springs and screws as they all have to go back in the same place. It might be better to replace it at this time. I hope that helps, even a little bit.

Regarding the lights:
I don't know that there are any really good alternatives to upgrade the lighting that actually are any good. The Sylvanias are okay, but they won't give as dramatic of a difference as they advertise. You'll be better off trying to retrofit TSX projectors and convert to HID. (Or you can go with STi headlights instead and get a similar effect.) Good luck, man.
#3 Old 12-26-2010, 10:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
I've taken apart the 6-disc in-dash changer to get a CD out after it wouldn't turn on anymore. It was relatively very difficult in my opinion to get to the portion that reads the CDs (because of the 6-disc changer mechanism). Pretty amazing though to see how everything was engineered to fit in a double-din unit.

If you are going to try to take the changer apart, my advice is to take the extra time to keep all screws sorted by the side of the unit they go on and the metal frame piece that they screw into (not just by size alone), and take pictures of each step.

Good Luck!

Matt
70 to 100 faster than you can say "whoooossshh!"
#4 Old 12-26-2010, 11:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

Big B is an unknown
Damn sounds like its going to be a bitch to do. Too bad the warranty just expired.
#5 Old 12-27-2010, 12:00 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Sounds like its time for an upgrade then.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"