Subaru WRX Forum banner

bumper scratch :-(

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  baller_v24 
#1 ·
I was at a party couple days ago and pulled up into a steep drive way. As i was leaving, i did a bit of a 3 point turn and went to pull out of the driveway with a little bit of speed. I ended up scraping the bottom of left side of my front bumper a good bit, not very noticeable, but i was curious if any of you knew a good way to make it even less noticeable. I was even thinking after this if i should aim for getting the new front spoiler to prevent that from happening again but the price seems too steep for me.

#4 ·
A cheaper replica lip like a vlimited is an option I took in the past. It's nice because it's unpainted, so any scuffs remain unnoticed. The problem is that it lowers your car even more and you're more likely to scrape more often where you could possibly damage the lip and/or bumper.

#5 ·
Getting another lip would obviously be a good option if your looking for a different look but like "Vew" said that will lower your car even further.

Have you checked with any local body shops? They always give out free quotes and when I did the same thing to my car I had it fixed for around $75.00 and depending on your insurance it might even be covered under there somewhere.

Good luck fixing it either way!

#6 ·
my advice, stiffen up suspension and just leave it alone. i dont think ive ever scraped by bumper on the stock suspension of the STi.

not too mention the added performance:sneaky:

this is obviously the most expensive route, i just wanted to help you make an excuse to add parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.