Subaru WRX Forum banner

Bugeye Headlight Painting

6K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  trek98xc 
#1 ·
Has anyone seen a good how to article on baking the bugeye lights and painting them? I would really like to do it but kinda scared. I was also wondering if anyone knows the name of the turn signals that are silver but then flash orange and where to get them (pep boys, auto zone, napa, murrys?). I want to try to do this over the weekend but need some kind of directions.

#3 ·
Its got a nice tip in there. But, I was more looking for the basic steps taken to do this (oven temp, time in oven, type of paint used, and the name of those sweetsilver bulbs that blink orange). Im surprised I cant find anything anywhere. If someone tells me the basics Ill post a how to with the pics as I'm doing it.

#7 ·
I removed the orange casing from my turn signal bulbs the other weekend and then I went out to Advanced Auto and found the ones you are talking about. They are Sylvania's and they were about $10 for a two pack. I ended up going to Pep Boys because there was only one pack and it was opened.

#10 ·
joker97 said:
glass paint works best lemon with orange tinge
On the inside of the lights? I am talking about painting te chrome housing black. Not tinting the outer lens. thats not a bad idea tho. A translucent blue would look sweet up against my silver. I think I'll just jeep it simple for now.

#14 ·
Fodera04 said:
what kind of paint woulr be the best to use when painting the inner light housing. would i want to use regular paint or should i pick up some high temp paint?
I ended up just using some kind of paint made for plastic made by Krylon. It worked out just fine. Damn this thread is old.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.