Subaru WRX Forum banner

broken seats?

4K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  GSMNZ 
#1 ·
so i recently noticed my seats are starting to wiggle frontwards and backwards. im a big guy so im a little worried the seat is gonna bust. u guys think it would be a good idea to get this checked out? also would suburu be the best place to take it or would u guys trust a local mechanic? not sure what parts would cost if i had to replace. thanks.

#2 ·
I would get that checked as soon as possible. If god forbid you get in an accident you, and the seat, will go flying. Im sure a local mechanic can look at it for you. Hopefully its just loose seat rails, you can fix that yourself by taking out the seats and replacing them.

#3 ·
sounds like seat rails, do they wiggle side to side as well? You might also want to pull the bolts that lock down the seat rails and reinstall them with some lok-tite.

Definitely something to get checked out. your seat could save your life.

#4 ·
thanks guys, it only recently started going front to back. i wasnt sure if i was jumping to conclusions. im getting checked out soon. been puttin on a few pounds lately so i guess that is what caused it. im also guessing that replacing any parts will be extremely expensive. :crying:

#5 ·
Actually there was a recall for the seat bolts on the 03. I think it was the passenger side. One was too short. Also, If you're a hefty fellow may I suggest trading seats with a skinny fellow that has an 04-05 WRX. STi seats are also more "roomy".

#6 ·
hopefully that doesnt mean the drivers side is messed up. im pretty sure i am updated with recalls tho. maybe i am just jumpin the gun, but i def cant afford new seats when im goin the stage 2 route. arrrghhh, i just have enough for that. lol hopefully i am just being overcautious!

#17 ·
Don't let lifetime a warranty sway you. Didn't you read the rest of the thread or did you read just the last post? Everyone said the Mishimoto rad was "JUNK" I dodged a bullet by getting a Koyorad.

Here I'll help...From post #12 from that thread,

" Mishi is junk. Most of their products are riddled with problems. Their radiator caps leak, their welds suck (spot leaks), and the drain plug is known to dry rot quickly and suddenly fail. Not to mention, on top of quality issues, there is a thread on IWSTIs that shows that Mishimoto aluminum radiators , at least on GRs, results in higher coolant temps than the stock radiator."

I also did research in other places and they all say the same. I bet if I crapped in a box and marked it "lifetime warranty" someone would buy it.

Also, it's shaped different from stock and won't fit many aftermarket stuff that should fit. Like the stock rad cap,shrouds, hoses and such.

If you are getting the stock plastic rad you are ahead of the game compared to the Mishimoto aluminum radiator. It least it will last 10 years or so instead of removing it constantly to make good on the "lifetime warranty"

#19 ·
Also, it's shaped different from stock and won't fit many aftermarket stuff that should fit. Like the stock rad cap,shrouds, hoses and such.
I am confused... I recently installed my Mishimoto Radiator and the stock hoses needed a 1/4 inch taken off of them and that was it. Install was perfect and the stock fans fit perfectly. I actually see a constant 10 degrees cooler at all times.

#18 ·
yeah i guess a lifetime warranty isnt any good when u have a blown engine and a new radiator being shipped to u, lol. i did read the whole thing just forgot which rad was which. but anyway I believe they always use oem parts, so hopefully ill be good. thanks for the info!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.